How to Root LG Optimus L5 E610
LG Optimus L5 E610 is going to end up with SRSRoot by the end of our post. What is this tool all about? It’s the app that will provide root access for your handset! You will no longer use a phone whose battery is running low. You can bet you’ll have loads of goodies at your disposal, too. Here’s what you need to do to get all of that and more.
As far as novelties go, a rooting will shower your device in them. We’re going to present them now. Thanks to the presence of this app, your phone’s 800 MHz Cortex-A5 CPU will have better speeds. The handset is about to receive new features and root-only apps, too. The phone’s OS, an Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, will stay on your handset; the SRSRoot doesn’t delete Android OS versions, whichever they may be.
The benefits of this method
Your phone’s come out 2 years ago and it’s also known as LG Optimus L5 Dual E612. Its battery life may have already proven to be low. In order to improve it, the new app will deliver many tweaks. They will be followed by customization options and custom ROMs.
You will experience these, too: superuser and admin permission. This tool offers all of these goodies free of charge. The app is powered by an SRS Server. It’s a tool that offers compatibility with many brands. It is also available as an unrooting method.
Last but not least, the application can be installed on your device no matter the Build ID you do it with. The one we opted for was IML74K. You will not experience unnecessary programs, viruses and other issues if you root your smartphone.
But there are problems you should know about before rooting the device. After the SRSRoot does its job, your phone will lose its warranty. Also, if you are planning on installing an update firmware, your handset has to be parted from its root access. Moreover, the system partition will be deleted from your LG Optimus L5 E610.
You should concentrate on these requirements:
- generate a backup or more if you want to save the handset’s data from damage;
- your notebook needs to have USB drivers installed on it;
- go here to find them and then download them on that notebook;
- a full NANDroid backup is required, so create one;
- your LG Optimus L5 E610 must always operate with a battery that’s fully charged;
- your notebook must sport Windows;
- open the phone’s security programs and deactivate them;
- open the same on your notebook and then turn them off;
- have USB Debugging activated on the phone.
Step by step instructions
When you’re ready to dive into our guide, you will have to look at some steps and follow them. That’s how the rooting will be successfull.
- The tutorial begins with the first step: download the SRSRoot app on the notebook. If you don’t know where this file is, we suggest launching this page in your browser. Then go and click on a download button located on that site.
- As soon as the download is completed, you can flash the app on your notebook. Open it on that same device now. Next, do this: tap Menu and then Settings.
- Look under the latter; you’ll see an option called Unknown Sources. This is something that should be tapped. Once you have activated that, enable USB Debugging. If this option has already been activated, you have to go to the rest of our steps and follow them.
- You can now initiate a connection between the LG Optimus L5 and your notebook. You will establish that only if you use the right tool; which, in our case, is the USB cable of your handset.
- After the connection has been generated, you have to do the following: tap Root Device (All Methods). By doing this, you will help begin the phone’s rooting.
- If you don’t know how much the procedure takes, we’ll tell you. The rooting of your smartphone shouldn’t take more than a quarter of an hour. However, if these 15 minutes are up without anything happening: redo the steps.
- Reboot your LG Optimus L5 E610 when the rooting is all over. Do it by clicking on Reboot System Now.
If you want to experience the rooting novelties, start using the device as soon as it’s gone through a rebooting. In case none of the goodies is appealing, try the same tool once again. It will provide an easy way to revoke the root access.
Do you have problems with the procedure? Drop your questions in the box below!