Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160L to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 LVJMJ1 Official firmware
For many of our readers, Galaxy Ace 2 I8160L is the smartphone they rely on. Which is why it deserves the best programs, files and so on. And they, along with many others, will appear on it after you update it to Android 4.1.2 LVJMJ1 official firmware. To have access to this particular firmware, we prepared this special tutorial.
The Galaxy Ace 2 I8160L that is the main attraction of our guide must be owned by Brazilian gadget users. If you live in another country, use a different update tutorial. Once we’re clear on this matter, we should move on and advertise the very attractions of the new Jelly Bean firmware.
This tool comes loaded with many advantages and each of them varies. But thanks to them, your phone will flourish. Here is how: you will be able to customize it any time you feel like, you will enjoy a performance that rivals the old one, the handset will get to last longer because its battery will run with a prolonged life, your experience will not be punctuated by major bugs and new features will be there to make sure that your device will offer plenty of excitement. In case you want to, you can also enjoy new apps and custom ROMs (the latter will be yours if you do a quick search on the Internet).
Before we spill the bins on the procedure that will result in a more evolved Galaxy Ace 2, you should check out these requirements, as they are very important:
- always make a backup to preserve the phone’s important data;
- besides making a regular backup, you need to create a full NANDroid one, too;
- look for USB drivers compatible with your smartphone and then install them on your laptop or personal computer;
- make sure this laptop or PC sports Windows instead of Linux or Mac;
- if the battery of your device is empty, make sure you fully charge it;
- don’t forget to keep your handset’s USB cord as close to you as possible;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- be sure to disable the programs that protect your handset and your other device from bugs and any other serious security threats.
After you’ve made sure that each of these requirements has been met with, you should stick with us from now on, too. Because you will know how to update your I8160L to the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 LVJMJ1 stock firmware. Have fun!
The tutorial can only begin if you’ve downloaded and saved, on your PC or laptop, the following packages: the new official firmware (download the Claro version from here and the VIVO version from here) and another tool called Odin tool, available on this page. Only after you have this files on your handset can you proceed to the actual upgrade.
- Your first move must happen as described here: unzip, with an appropriate unzipping tool, the Odin and the update file on your notebook.
- Then, if the content of the two is part of the latter, you need to do this: power the smartphone off and have it enter Download Mode by pressing + holding Menu, Volume Down and Power simultaneously; the logo of the Android should pop up next, so press Power to complete the task.
- The next step you need to follow goes like this: after you plug your devices to one another, you should wait for a yellow ID:COM box and an “Added!!” message to show up. Should the plugging fail, time to switch methods: you should try using a different USB port or flashing the USB drivers one more time. The next step to perform is described below.
- For this step, you need to begin by tapping PDA, then opting for a file which has a CODE in the name. Continue by doing the following: click on Phone and choose a file with MODEM in the name. Then click on CSC, opt for a CSC file, tap PIT and move on by choosing a file that should have this extension: .pit.
- If you’re done, check Repartition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, after which it’s best to tap “Start“. This will make sure that the update firmware ends up successfully on your Ace 2.
- When the flashing is done, the screen of your handset should have “Pass” on it; after you see that, the device is going to reboot into the Android 4.1.2 LVJMJ1 official firmware.
- Unplug the smartphone from the laptop now, since the Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160L is upgraded.
Once your phone is updated, the sky’s the limit!