Update Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMJ4 Firmware
Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R is going to have Android 4.2.2 by the end of this post. Which is great, because your phone will be capable of putting on a better performance as well as feature exclusive goodies, all thanks to a new ROM.
The XXUAMJ4 is the firmware which will being the much-needed update for your handset. It was released in December last year for Spain and it comes with an activated KIES logo. If you don’t know what that has to do with anything: you can upgrade the Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R with Samsung’s KIES if you prefer this method over ours. To use this software, though, make sure there’s a stock ROM already running on your phone. And don’t use our tutorial, if you opt for it, on another handset. The reason: you will brick it.
The new features which will be brought to your smartphone are the following: a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading, Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, USB debug white-list and a whole new set of download notifications.
Consider this before you update your phone: in case the device is rooted, the new firmware will revoke root access. The new official firmware will also do this: it will delete your handset’s system partition. But even so, the important data and internal/external SD cards will not be affected.
If this doesn’t alarm you, here are our requirements:
- your notebook must come with a pre-installed Windows OS;
- the USB Debugging option on the Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R has to be enabled;
- make a couple of backups (they must be a regular one and a full NANDroid one);
- in case the battery of your device shows low charge levels, you need to make sure it’s fully charged;
- look for and then install USB drivers appropriate for your smartphone on your notebook;
- on your laptop, download Odin from this location and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 S7275RXXUAMJ4 official firmware (file name: S7275RXXUAMJ4_S7275ROXXAMK1_PHE.zip);
- every single one of the security software included on the smartphone and the laptop must be turned off while you follow our tutorial.
How to install S7275RXXUAMJ4 on your phone
- For all of you who are done with the instructions above, here comes the first step: the two packages you download before on your laptop must be unzipped, so do that with WinZip or WinRar, then enter your handset in Download Mode.
- To achieve that, you should press and simultaneously hold Volume Down, Home and Power, look for a screen of warning and pressing Volume Up when you spot it. Once that is out of the way, you should do the following: establish a connection, with the phone’s USB cable, between the smartphone and the laptop.
- If everything goes alright, you should see “Added!!” and then a yellow ID:COM box on the screen. If you don’t: install, one more time, the USB drivers on your notebook or use another USB port.
- Then continue by tapping BL, choosing a file with BL in the name, clicking on AP, opting for a file with AP in the name, tapping CP, choosing a file with CP in its name, tapping CSC, opting for a file which has CSC in the name, tapping PIT and after that choosing a file with an extension which has .pit in it.
- You will then spot some boxes on the screen. Out of these, check only these three: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. When the appropriate boxes have been checked, you should do this next: click on “Start” so that the new firmware can lend on your smartphone.
- Once it does, the Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R will restart. If it has a “Pass” message on the touchscreen, you will be able to unplug the handset from the laptop afterwards. To find the XXUAMJ4 firmware, you need to tap Settings and afterwards choose About Phone.
The new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware has every chance of not rising up to your expectations. In a situation like this, you can get the old ROM back on the handset. Here’s how: go to the NANDroid backup file and use it to restore that ROM. The upgrade process will then be revoked.
If something unexpected happens during the update, use the comment field below for any question you may have for us!