How to Update Galaxy Express GT-I8730 to Android 4.1.2 XWANA1
XWANA1 is what you should be aiming for if you ever wish to update Galaxy Express GT-I8730. This fresh new firmware has just come out for Italy with one purpose: to bring Android 4.1.2 on this handset.
The phones that have this version of Jelly Bean always perform better than the ones without this OS. If that’s what you want your phone to do, too, then watch as we teach you how to update your Samsung smartphone.
The new firmware has an activated KIES logo. When firmware such as the XWANA1 arrives with something like this, it means that an update using KIES is possible. If you choose this method, your handset must feature stock ROM.
Coming back to our method: please use the smartphone we indicated. If your device is another one, our method is eventually going to brick it. When using our guide on a rooted Galaxy Fresh GT-I8730, the upgrade’s going to delete your phone’s system partition. While root access will be revoked, the following will be saved: your phone’s important data as well as its internal and external SD cards.
The Android 4.1.2 offers free style widget, Google Now and mini apps. The following also becomes available with the update: group cast, triple buffering, pop up play and a new keyboard. Another group of goodies looks like this: automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, all share, extended Vsync timing and touch anticipation. The last list of novelties includes sync and connect email updates and a fixed frame of 60 fps.
After you’ve taken notice of these features and options, consider the following pre-requisites:
- the operating system your laptop should have for this guide is Windows;
- enable USB Debugging;
- disable the security software running on the notebook and the handset;
- your Galaxy Fresh GT-I8730 must have a fully charged battery;
- from this place you can download USB drivers for the phone on your notebook;
- should you wish to save the data on your smartphone, create a backup;
- it’s advisable to also create a full NANDroid backup.
Time to see what you should do for the first step.
- We recommend downloading the following on the notebook: Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I8730XWANA1 for Italy (Vodafone). This download should be followed by the following step: use 7Zip or WinZip to extract the packages. In order to move on, your Galaxy Express GT-I8730 must be entered in Download Mode.
- To enter the device in that mode, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously, release them once a boot screen shows up, then press Volume Up.
- The Odin file you have on your notebook must function as Admin. For that, open it like this: after you right-click on .exe file, tap “Run as Administrator“, an option you’ll see on the notebook. Now continue by providing a connection between the handset and your laptop.
- You’ll secure a plugging by using the USB cord belonging to the phone. Just wait for Odin to search for the phone. When the latter is located at last, “Added!!” and a yellow ID:COM box will make an appearance.
- If they don’t pop up one after the other, one of the two methods you can use tells you to use a different USB port this time around. The second method: install, on your laptop, the USB drivers again.
- After a successful connection’s been obtained, time to tap BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, tap AP next and after that choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and opt for that file which sports an extension named .pit.
- Choose these boxes next: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. If you’re done, perform this step: tap “Start”. After approximately 10 minutes, the flashing of this official firmware will be over.
- As soon as that happens, your Galaxy Fresh GT-I8730 will reboot and then a “Pass” message will arrive on the display.
- This will make you unplug the handset from the laptop. Which now leaves you with this suggestion: try the new firmware out by launching it. To open the XWANA1, tap Settings and then About Phone.
Should you miss the phone’s former ROM, there’s something you can do to get it back: use the NANDroid backup file. In order to restore the previous ROM, the update will have to be revoked.
Is there a particular question you want to ask? Leave it in the comment field below.