Update Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082L to Android 4.2.2 UBAMH1 Firmware
To be able to upgrade Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082L to Jelly Bean 4.2.2, you will have to take a look at today’s guide. In it we added all the steps which will install UBAMH1 official firmware on your smartphone.
This 2013-released handset has finally received the sort of update that will land the Android 4.2.2 on the Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L. The new Android 4.2.2 was launched in October for Uruguay and Chile and in September for Panama and Trinidad Tobago.
If your phone has root access, the latter will be revoked after you upgrade the device. Another disadvantage of this procedure is that it deleted the phone’s system partition. The internal/external SD cards won’t be damaged and the important data on your smartphone will not be erased.
Before you can update your handset to the new firmware, the device must be running a custom ROM already. If your device is not the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082L, use another tutorial; this one will affect any other phone model by bricking it.
The Android 4.2.2 UBAMH1 comes equipped with new sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, new download notifications, a new Gallery app which delivers faster speeds when loading, USB debug white-list, long-pressing the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings will toggle the on/off state, and fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs.
This update can also be performed via either OTA (by making use of the Software Update button under Settings menu) or via Samsung’s KIES (because the firmware has the KIES logo activated).
Below we made a list that has all the necessary pre-requisites, so follow them and then you can update your phone at last:
- your smartphone must have its USB Debugging turned on;
- you have to install USB drivers (the ones available for the handset) on your PC or notebook;
- charge your handset’s battery unit;
- create backups via these instructions (a NANDroid one should also be created);
- disable, on the laptop and the handset, the security programs pre-installed on both devices;
- Windows must be the only OS running on your laptop or comp.
The following steps will help you update your Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082L even if you aren’t used to such guides. Follow them and you will see what we mean.
- Proceed to our very first step by following these instructions: after you download Odin tool from this location and the new Jelly Bean UBAMH1 stock firmware (download the Uruguay version from here, the Panama version from here, the Trinidad Tobago version from this page and the Chile version from here) on the notebook or PC, you will need to extract them both and then be sure to enter the handset in Download Mode.
- The easiest way to do that is by pressing and holding Home, Volume Down and Power simultaneously, wait till Android’s logo pops up and then press Volume Up.
- After this is performed, you have to go to Odin. When you’re reached this tool, you should open it as Admin on the notebook and then do this: connect, with the handset’s USB cord, the smartphone to the laptop, then wait for a connection to be established between your devices.
- This is demonstrated via “Added!!“, a message that will appear on the screen, and an ID:COM box in yellow. In case of a failed connection, you can opt for using another USB cord or flashing the USB drivers a second time until the plugging is realized.
- Then click on PDA, opt for a file with a CODE in its name, tap Phone, opt for a file with MODEM in the name, click on CSC, choose a file which has CSC in its name, tap PIT and select a file that comes with a .pit extension.
- Now you should go on by checking the boxes labelled in the following manner: Re-partition, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time; as soon as you come across “Start“, we recommend that you click on it so that the new firmware can be flashed on your phone.
- Once the latter received the new tool, it shall restart. Then, after a “Pass” message in green shows up, you should disconnect the phone from the notebook. The Android 4.2.2 UBAMH1 official firmware is officially part of your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L. To use it, you need to do this: go to Settings and then make sure you tap About Phone.
If anything about the new firmware rubs you the wrong way, you should use the NANDroid backup that will get the phone’s old ROM restored to it after it revoked the update process.
In case of any kind of issue, use the field below to leave comments.