How to Update Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 to Android 4.2.2 UBUANC1
Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 is headed for a much-needed upgrade. If your device’s featuring Android 4.2.2 JB already, UBUANC1 for Brazil has just been released this month. You can install it on your phone right away!
In case you’ve always wanted new tweaks, features and such for your device, an update will cater to your needs. The new UBUANC1 official firmware is the best option for your Samsung I9152. To perform this procedure, no other phone model must be used; if you don’t take this into account, your handset will face bricking.
This firmware’s KIES logo is not turned on. In such a case, your smartphone should only use OTA or this tutorial. If you want to perform the upgrade with OTA, the handset must be installed with stock ROM.
An updated Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version means the addition of a USB debug white-list. It also means low battery bug fixes and a new set of download notifications. You will also receive a new Gallery app and better Bluetooth audio streaming. The upgrade is equipped with a new set of sounds for wireless charging, too. The option to long-press the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings to be able to toggle the on/off state is also offered.
But a update also means damage for your phone if there’s root access on it. As such, your device’s system partition will end up deleted and root access will no longer be available. However, internal / external SD cards and important content will not be wiped out.
The update can start after you go through certain pre-requisites:
- don’t forget to disable the handset’s security software;
- the security programs used by the notebook have to be turned off next;
- USB drivers fit for your Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 are available here and they have to be downloaded on the laptop;
- charge the handset;
- Windows has to run on your laptop;
- make a backup to keep the phone’s data safe;
- a full NANDroid backup is next on your list;
- enable, on your phone, USB Debugging.
Step by step instructions
- To complete the first step, make sure these are downloaded on your laptop: the Android 4.2.2 UBUANC1 official firmware for Brazil and Odin v3.09 (available here). When the download’s done, you will have to open 7Zip and use it to unzip each of the packages.
- A bunch of files are about to show up after this part is over. Odin v3.09.exe will be among them. Launch this file on the laptop and enter the Samsung GT-I9152 in Download Mode.
- This is an action that must be performed like this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at once, then wait for the screen to have a boot message on it. When that comes up, press only Volume Up.
- You will have to perform this next: use your smartphone’s USB cord to connect it to the laptop. Only when you are welcomed by a blue sign in Odin will the plugging have happened. So wait for this to happen. Then, when the connection’s been established, you need to add the firmware file to AP / PDA.
- The next thing you have to do is this: activate the box called Auto Reboot. A box with Re-partition next to it must be unchecked. The box called F. Reset Time must also be checked. If the right group of boxes was ticked, you will be able to move on.
- Here’s what you are asked to do next: tap “Start“. Activating this option means that the UBUANC1 for your country will soon be installed on the phone. The whole process should require approximately 14 minutes.
- The end of the procedure will be shown after the phone displays a certain message. This will appear in green and it’ll say “Pass”.
- The next thing your GT-I9152 will do in order to tell you that the new firmware’s on it: it will restart. You can now go on and remove the USB cable to unplug the devices.
- Go to the smartphone now, tap Settings and then tap About Phone. Activating these two options allows you to experience the update.
If it fails to impress you, there’s always the NANDroid backup file at your disposition. Using it, your phone will go back to the former ROM it used to have. The update is going to be revoked if you use this file.
There’s a comment section under this post. You can leave comments, questions and so on there!