Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 Duos SCH-P729 to Android 4.2.2 KEUCNC1
Galaxy Mega 6.3 Duos SCH-P729 is going yo display its full potential as soon as Android 4.2.2 JB lands on it. The perks of using a phone with this operating system are many. Just how many, you will find out from today’s post!
The new Jelly Bean version is the OS with loads of pros going on. KEUCNC1 is the firmware which, once used on the Samsung P729, delivers many novelties.
This new official firmware came out for China (Anycall) this past March. Once flashed on your smartphone, you’ll witness a USB debug white-list for starters. Your device shall also get low battery bug fixes, a new Gallery app and better Bluetooth audio streaming. Along with these goodies, you’ll experience a new set of download notifications and then the possibility to long-press the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state. Your smartphone’s getting a new set of sounds for wireless charging, as well.
Remember to use the correct model for this upgrade: the Galaxy Mega 6.3 SCH-P729. When the wrong model gets an update with the KEUCNC1, the device shall be affected.
Considering the fact that a rooted smartphone reacts differently to an update than a device which isn’t rooted, here’s what to expect. First of all, the root access will be revoked from your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Duos SCH-P729. After the upgrade, your phone’s system partition will end up erased. There’s some good news, though: the procedure won’t damage important data or the handset’s internal / external SD cards.
If you’re aware of the advantages of cons that an update poses, here are our pre-requisites:
- go to this site and download, on your notebook, USB drivers that are compatible with your smartphone;
- it is always a good idea to save the data on your device by creating a backup (or more);
- consider turning USB Debugging on;
- it is also a good idea to have a full NANDroid backup created;
- turn to your laptop and have its security software disabled;
- your phone comes with security programs pre-installed, so make sure they’re all deactivated for this guide;
- the Galaxy Mega 6.3 Duos SCH-P729 needs a full recharge in case its battery registers low battery levels;
- your laptop must be running no other OS than Windows.
Step by step instructions
Now on with the update steps.
- The notebook you use needs to feature the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 KEUCNC1 official firmware for China (Anycall). Then it will have to feature Odin v3.09. When both packages are downloaded on your device, you have to move on to this step: unzip them with WinRar.
- Odin v3.09.exe, a file that results from the extraction, has to be launched on your laptop.
- When it’s opened, do this: boot the phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time until you notice a boot message. Then press Volume Up after you’ve released the previous buttons.
- If the phone is in the Download Mode by now, you have to plug the handset to the laptop. A connection between the devices is possible via the handset’s USB cable.
- If Odin has a blue sign to show to you in the next few seconds, then the plugging is secured. So continue with this action: add the firmware file to AP / PDA after finding it, after which you should check a few boxes.
- Once F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, those two boxes, are ticked, uncheck Re-partition. Should you be done with this, be sure “Start” is tapped. This is option that, once tapped, will begin the flashing of the new firmware. Give the installation a couple of minutes to end.
- You have to disconnect the smartphone from your laptop once the former appears with “Pass” and immediately after that reboots. The KEUCNC1 is now officially installed on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Duos SCH-P729.
- And with that, you can go to your handset, access Settings, then tap About Phone. This is the route that will lead you to the Android 4.2.2. Be sure to take it, then have a blast with the whole list of goodies we mentioned before.
In case you miss using the old ROM, you will regain access to it using the NANDroid backup file. To get this ROM back on the smartphone, you will have to sacrifice the update process.
Do you have questions for us about the upgrade? Then direct them to the below comment section.