How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi SM-P600 to Android 4.3 ZHUANC3
Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi SM-P600 (2014) has to pass through an upgrade if you want Android 4.3 for it. How to get to this operating system? Find the answer from us!
The update we will talk about today needs ZHUANC3. This is the new firmware that helps you end up with an upgraded Samsung SM-P600 if you’re based in Hong Kong.
Because this new official firmware just came out, you need to install it only on the tablet we mentioned just now. If you don’t, you will damage a different model. Should your tablet be the version we recommend, go ahead and follow these pre-requisites:
- certain USB drivers compatible with the tablet need to be downloaded on the laptop you use;
- create many backups to preserve the tablet’s data;
- a full NANDroid backup should be created, too (you will put it to good use later on);
- charge the Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi P600;
- your notebook’s operating system needs to be Windows;
- enable, on the same tablet, USB Debugging;
- disable, on the tablet, the security programs that protect it;
- the same programs need to be turned off on your laptop.
An update is very useful. Thanks to this procedure, the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 SM-P600 can put on a much improved performance. The reason of this good piece of news: the novelties inside the new OS version. Each of them is capable of customizing your tablet, providing better battery and so on. Also, new features and apps will greet you once you’re finished with the upgrade.
When the ZHUANC3 is applied on a rooted Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P600, two parts of your tablet will be damaged. The first of them: root access. The latter will be revoked from the gadget. The second thing to happen: your device’s system partition will be deleted. As usual, though, nothing bad will happen to the internal / external SD cards or your tablet’s content, so don’t worry about them.
Step by step instructions
What you need to do now is this: begin the tutorial which will update your tablet to the newest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- The first task we have for you: go here, download Odin v3.09 on the laptop from there, then find the Jelly Bean 4.3 ZHUANC3 for Hong Kong on this page. Download this package from there on the same notebook. You can only go on with the guide after these packages are on your laptop.
- Once they are, unzip them. To do this, you have many tools to choose from; we recommend choosing one of these: 7Zip, WinRar or WinZip. One of the first files to come out of the unzipping is this: Odin v3.09.exe. It will have to be launched on your laptop.
- Boot the tablet in Download Mode for the following step. Here is how: press and hold, at the same time, Home, Power and Volume Down, then, as soon as a boot message is displayed, press Volume Up. The Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi SM-P600 has to be plugged to your notebook now; it’s all done with the USB cord that ships with your tablet.
- After a couple of minutes, the Odin will pop up with a blue sign. If it does, the tablet and the laptop are now connected to each other and you can do this: tick those boxes called F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot after the firmware file has been added to AP / PDA. Look at the box titled Re-partition; in case it’s checked already, uncheck it yourself. Tap “Start” to be sure that the new firmware begins an installation phase.
- When around 14 minutes have gone away from the start of the flashing, your tablet shall come up with “Pass” on its display. If you see this message, it means that very soon the gadget will automatically reboot.
- Your Samsung SM-P600 should be disconnected from the laptop after that happens. Our last advice for you is this: to open the new firmware and OS, you need to follow some easy steps.
- They tell you to do as follows: find Settings on the tablet, tap it, then choose About Tablet and tap it. The update will then reveal all of its secrets.
If you aren’t satisfied with the way the tablet performs after the upgrade, turn to the NANDroid backup file and use it. This file will, apart from restore your device to its old ROM, revoke the update process.
Kindly use the comment section under this post if you have questions/comments for us!