Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.3 CM10.2 Nightly ROM
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is entering a new stage via today’s tutorial. CM10.2 Nightly official ROM is our accomplice for this guide on how to upgrade your phablet to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The update will only happen if you notice the following requirements:
- root your device;
- use the factory unlocked model;
- install a custom recovery image on it;
- charge the battery on your phone;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- install, on your comp, USB drivers for the Note 2 N7100;
- save the data on it.
- Up for grabs next are the steps that shall update your phone to Jelly Bean 4.3. Keep in mind the following tasks that make up the first step of our guide: download Gapps archive from this place and the CM10.2 official ROM (file name: cm-10.2-20130831-NIGHTLY-n7100.zip) on your PC. You shouldn’t extract the contents of these packages.
- Now plug the phone to the notebook and then do this: copy the two files from the laptop to the SD card root of the phone and, at the end of this transfer, unplug the devices from one another. Afterwards you should switch the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and then enter it in Recovery Mode.
- As next step, we recommend you to make a full NANDroid backup. Now how you do it is another matter, because it depends on what custom recovery you use. If this tool is TeamWin Recovery Project, you need to do as follows in order to make a NANDroid backup: tap “Backup“, choose that content which needs a backup and confirm. But if the CWM Recovery is installed on your phone, you have to create the NANDroid backup by opting for Backup&Restore and choosing “Backup”.
- To create a factory reset for your phone, you should apply different methods depending, once again, on what recovery image your device sports. Should it be the Team Win Recovery Project one, we recommend you to first tap “Wipe” followed by “Factory reset” and then confirm. In case of the ClockworkMod Recovery project, it’s best to choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and after that make a confirmation.
- To get the update firmware installed on your N7100, you need to also keep in mind whether your handset is flashed with the CWM Recovery of the Team Win Recovery Project Recovery. In the case of the first, you are asked to opt for Install zip from SD card, select Choose zip from SD card, look for the upgrade tool and have its flashing confirmed once you find it. If the second custom recovery is used, you have to tap “Install“, go to the CM10.2 Nightly ROM and confirm its installation via a button colored blue.
- You will now have to flash the Gapps using the same method employed for the installation of the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM.
- Go back to the Recovery Screen as soon as the two packages are inside your N7100 and restart the latter. After the handset enters Normal Mode, its display will welcome you with the Home Screen. When you spot that, you should go to your Gmail account and enter your personal data there. Then enjoy the numerous ways your phablet will shine from now on. We are talking various customization tweaks, new features and the sort.
Should your device encounter boot loops, redo this guide until you have installed on it the latest official Jelly Bean 4.3 CM10.2 nightly ROM. In case you come across a bug or other problems, the NANDroid backup will help you get over them as soon as possible.