Update Galaxy Note 2 SCH-R950 (US Cellular) with CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM
There’s finally a way to update your US Cellular Galaxy Note 2 SCH-R950 to CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM. If you happen to stumble across this tutorial, then see if it works for you.
We used the most recent requirements and easy steps for it. But, to get the required effect, use only the type of phone we mentioned.
Our advice to you before grabbing the update: turn off the security software that’s on the laptop and your smartphone, make a backup (including a NANDroid one), use a laptop that runs Windows, get either ClockworkMod Recovery or another good custom recovery image, charge the battery if it’s empty and turn on USB Debugging.
The warranty will be lost; the usual methods that work very well if you want to retrieve that are as follows: either get the latest official update from the producer’s page or downgrade the software to its original version. That was all for pre-requisites. Now let’s get down to business with the steps below.
- Step number one: download the update file, Google Apps package from this page (you must choose the file called gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip) and Dark messaging on your laptop. Then download Center Clock on your handset. When you’re done with the above actions, you should plug the Note 2 SCH-R950 US Cellular to your comp.
- Step two will require you, once the devices are holding close to each other, to do as follows: copy the files that are on the laptop and paste them on the handset. When the transfer is over, you need to detach the devices from one another and switch the phone off.
- Step three will need you to restart the Note 2 SCH-R950 into Recovery Mode. Then opt for the following: Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- For step four you have to choose Go back in order to be in the main menu again.
- Opt for the installation of the archive from the phone’s memory card and Choose zip from SD card. The update file will then need to be flashed on your SCH-R950.
- Step six: install the GApps pack with the same method. Next: wait for the files to be flashed.
- Now just go to the last step, number 7, and perform these actions: choose +++go back+++ and opt for the system restarting.
To get rid of the problems which may arise during this tutorial, be it an error message or something else, follow these steps. The first one: boot the device into recovery. Step two: choose the system wiping and wait for the phone to boot into the required CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update.