Update Galaxy Note LTE SGH-I717R to UXMD1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Galaxy Note LTE SGH-I717R is on the right track: there’s the possibility to upgrade it to Android 4.1.2 with UXMD1. This tutorial we prepared says it all on the subject, so be sure to check it out.
We are opening things up by telling you which pre-requisites to deal with: charge the battery of the phone, flash USB drivers for this handset on your laptop, create a backup using this tutorial (a NANDroid backup should be in your plans, as well), use a Windows-running comp (or flash CrossOver Utility on your Linux or Mac-running device), use the fully unlocked model and turn on USB debugging.
- Download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 UXMD1 official firmware along with Odin tool on your PC, unzip them on its desktop and then switch the Note 4G LTE I717R off before you can boot it into Download Mode; the latter action should be done like this: press and hold Home, Volume Up and Power at the same time, then stop pressing them when when you spot the logo of Android appearing and instead press Volume Up to complete the task.
- Run Odin tool 3.07.exe (the file that’s on your desktop) as Admin; do it by using the right click method on Odin tool .exe, then on Run as administrator from the phone’s Context Menu.
- Plug the smartphone to your notebook and wait for “Added!!” and a COM port number colored yellow; if you don’t notice them, then use a different sort of USB port, or just install, again, the USB Drivers we mentioned in our requirements.
- Step 4 will need you to click on some keys and then choose a bunch of files. Here is how it goes:
– click on PDA, because that’s how you can opt for a file with CODE in its name;
– click on Phone and choose the file which contains MODEM in its name;
– now go and click on CSC to be able to select the file with CSC in its name;
– click on PIT and opt for the file with the name of .pit.
Be sure to ignore what we just wrote if you see none of these files.
- Step 5 will now tell you to opt for F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot afterwards.
- Activate Repartition, too, but only if you’ve chosen the .pit file earlier on. Hit Start. When that’s done, you need to wait for the start of the installation period.
- Step 7 will require you to wait for the Note LTE SGH-I717R to reboot after it’s done flashing the UXMD1.
- As soon as PASS and a background painted green are observed on the display, you should unplug the handset from your PC.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note LTE I717R is now rocking the Android Jelly Bean version 4.1.2.
Should you notice trouble such as your device getting stuck in the logo of the manufacturer, then go to Recovery Mode; when there, you have to operate the following tasks: Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe cache partition.
Once done, be sure to choose the system restarting option. The same tutorial should be followed if your SGH-I717R is blocked in booting stage.