How to Update Galaxy Premier I9268 to ZCBMH1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Galaxy Premier I9268 has been left aside when it comes to updated. But that’s not the case anymore. ZCBMH1 is the official tool which allows your phone to run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Pre-requisites to follow beforehand:
- don’t root your smartphone;
- don’t flash a custom recovery on it;
- use the model that comes with its bootloader unlocked;
- use the model which does not belong to a certain carrier;
- charge the handset’s battery;
- make a regular and a full NANDroid backup, via this tutorial;
- download Odin tool (from this place) and the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZCBMH1 firmware (file name: I9268ZCBMH1_I9268CHCBMH1_CHC.zip) on your laptop;
- flash USB drivers for the phone on the notebook;
- turn on USB Debugging.
Now let us explain what steps to follow so that your smartphone is upgraded to the right firmware.
How to flash ZCBMH1 firmware on your smartphone
- This is the first step: unzip the content of the tow files to the laptop’s desktop; the files you will get are numerous, but the two main ones should be Odin tool 3.07.exe and .tar.md5.
- Once the handset is switched off, you have to boot it into Download Mode in the following way: press + hold, together, Home, Volume Down and Power, then, when the Android logo pops up, press Volume Up.
- To run the Odin tool 3.07.exe as Admin, you need to: right-click odin.exe first and after that go to context menu and click “Run as administrator“.
- Plug the Samsung I9268 to the notebook. Things will only go well if you chance upon a yellow COM port number and this message: “Added!!“. Flash the USB drivers again if the plugging was not successful; or use a USB port which isn’t the same as the one you just employed.
- After the steps from earlier have been performed as instructed, you should tap four buttons and choose the files which will open.
- Here we go: tap “PDA“, choose a CODE-named file, tap “Phone“, opt for a file which wears MODEM in the name, click on “CSC“, opt for a filw that has CSC in the name, tap “PIT” and then choose a file which bears a .pit extension.
- Now stay in Odin where you will need to check these boxes: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. The last of these options needed to be checked only if the .pit file was opted for. Then begin the installation of the upgrade firmware by tapping “Start“.
- Wait a couple of minutes. Then, when you witness the end of the flashing, the handset shall restart. After that happens, a message saying “Pass” in a green background shall appear, at which moment you will need to unplug the Galaxy Premier GT-I9268 from your notebook. That’s all. If you go to the “About phone” place of your device, you should see the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZCBMH1 firmware. When you spot it, click on it and use it to see a brand new smartphone with an improved performance. And better battery.
NOTE: The next portion of this guide will talk about those situations which may happen during or after the tutorial has ended.
In case the Galaxy Premier I9268 is stuck in its manufacturer’s logo or in boot animation, these things apply: enter, again, the Recovery Mode, choose “Factory reset/Wipe data“, then select “Wipe cache partition“. Restart the phone via the “Reboot” option.