Update Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 to XperiaZwiz UVDMD5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM
We are proud to present XperiaZwiz UVDMD5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 from T-Mobile.
But what’s so great about this tool that we decided to choose for this guide? After you flash it on your smartphone, you will notice new changes in how your device operates. These changes are all very welcome, since they mean the following: your handset will put on a better performance, new features will get to modify the looks and feel of your device, in terms of battery life you will see only improvement and so on.
What we particularly liked were the Xperia Keyboard, Xperia Launcher, Xperia Widgets and many more. What we didn’t find attached to this ROM were the WALKMAN app (plus the sound enhancements it comes with) and Bravia Engine. Stability is something that also comes with the package, so no worries there.
Before you can get access to all of the features above – and more -, we recommend you this list of pre-requisites:
- root the Galaxy S2 T989;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- make backups (as many as will save all the data in your handset);
- flash a custom recovery on your smartphone, using this file;
- install, on your laptop, the kind of USB drivers that work with your particular phone, from here;
- use the factory unlocked version;
- charge the battery inside your phone.
To be successful with our tutorial, you will have to pay close attention to the steps we’ve lined up for you below.
- The first couple of actions you must perform are these over here: open your PC or your laptop and download, on it, the XperiaZwiz Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM.
- After this necessary file is saved on your device, you will need to plug your Samsung T989 to the notebook and then go to the desktop where you saved the downloaded file; then take the latter from there and move it all the way to the handset’s SD card root. Wait a couple of seconds until the transfer is completed, then do the following: power the handset off.
- Once it’s no longer connected to the notebook, you should enter the smartphone in Recovery Mode by powering it on while pressing + holding, simultaneously, Volume Up, Home and Power.
- The second you find yourself in the Recovery Mode of your phone, time to do the following: choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and, once the data wipe is done, go for Wipe Cache Partition.
- After this second wiping task has been performed, you should go to Advanced from the Recovery and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- When all of this is over with, then move on to the next step: return to the Recovery screen, opt for Install zip from SD card, select Choose zip from SD card and then go to the place where the new UVDMD5 based Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file is.
- After you find it, you should opt for it with “Power” and then confirm its necessary flashing. A few minutes should do the trick and suffice for the installation of this compulsory file.
- Once the latter ends up on your Galaxy S2 SGH-T989, you will need to go to +++Go Back+++. When you are done with this step, you will have to restart the handset. The only way that is achievable is by going to the phone’s recovery menu and choosing the restarting option. End of story.