Update Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 to KitKat 4.4 CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM
If you’ve been craving for the presence of new Android OS on your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305, you will be able to experience this OS only if you flash Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 KitKat 4.4 custom ROM. And only if you own this particular smartphone model.
Because the custom ROM we feature in this post has been created by an XDA Developers Forum member, you can be sure your handset is in very good hands. One of its members is responsible for the excellent stuff your Galaxy S3 will have.
More precisely, you are about to get every single one of the features that are delivered by the KitKat based custom ROM, the performance of your smartphone will improve lots, you will have new apps to play with, the battery of your handset shall receive a boost and as such last more, there will be various tweaks to give your phone the looks and feel you’ve craved for and more.
With the new OS you will not be bothered by bloatware or major security problems. If you’ll ever want to test out custom ROMs, you will have no trouble doing that; more so, your handset will not experience issues in case you want to have new custom ROMs on it.
As usual, the update is going to appear on your smartphone if the latter meets certain pre-requisites. Which are all included in the following list:
- apply a rooting procedure on your smartphone with a guide that is suitable for your model;
- also, be sure to find a custom recovery and flash it on your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305;
- download Google Apps package (file name: pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131114-signed.zip) and the CyanogenMod 11 KitKat 4.4 based custom ROM (file name: cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip) archive on your comp or laptop;
- backup the data that your handset incorporates (a full NANDroid backup should also be performed);
- the phone must be a factory unlocked variant;
- you should go to “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging from there;
- you must sync the People and the Contacts info with the Google account you’ve created;
- charge the battery of your handset.
- Once the pre-requisites have been performed, you should start the guide by applying the first step. Which is this one: get the USB cord of your phone. Use it to plug the Galaxy S3 to the PC or the notebook you keep close, then make sure you do the following: take the files from above and transfer them to the SD card root of your smartphone. Wait for the move to be over.
- Then unplug the phone from the notebook and turn the handset off. Enter it in Recovery Mode and make sure you afterwards make that NANDroid backup if you have not.
- If you are at this step, you need to make this NANDroid backup by taking a peek at these steps should you have either CWM or TWRP: opt for Backup&Restore, then backup the said file on the SD card of your phone.
- After this backup has been created, you have to apply a factory reset by choosing Factory Reset/Wipe Data and having the task confirmed.
- Here is how you can install the CM11 on your phone: opt for Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card, search until the update file is located and then confirm the file’s flashing. After you end up with one of the files, you must get the other one, too.
- The Google apps must be installed by redoing the exact same steps which got you the CyanogenMod 11. Then go back to your smartphone’s Recovery Menu.
- You need to get there so that you can restart the Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 in Normal Mode. The process should not last more than 8-9 minutes, so wait.
- In case more than 8-9 minutes pass, you have to redo the guide. Then, once you see the home screen of the CM11 Unofficial Android 4.4, you can go to your Gmail, enter your personal info there and that’s it.
Your smartphone is now updated and you can see why this procedure is so popular!