How to Update Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200L to Android 4.2.2 UBUANC4
UBUANC4 is the latest firmware to come out for Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200L. And it’s worth an installation. For more on this topic, consider the upcoming tutorial.
The new firmware, available ever since this month for Brazil, brings the newest Android 4.2.2 JB variant. As always, consider using the firmware on the Samsung GT-I8200L if you don’t want to use a damaged device. To install this new firmware, you can opt between OTA or our tutorial. For our guide, the handset doesn’t need stock ROM; for the OTA method, it surely does. Moreover, by updating a rooted smartphone, there’s every chance that root access will be revoked. Another bad thing that’s bound to happen: the phone’s system partition will be completely erased from it.
While the above cons will happen if the handset’s rooted, there are some good things to consider. Like the ability to keep your important data on the device. The latter’s internal and external SD cards will not be lost, either.
What the update means for your handset has a lot to do with performance improvements and so on. In short, your device will get a new Gallery app and the possibility to long-press the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state.
Here’s more of what’s to come: low battery bug fixes and better Bluetooth audio streaming. You’ll also find a USB debug white-list and a new set of download notifications, together with a new set of sounds for wireless charging.
All there is to it next is displayed in the requirements below:
- backups are always needed to save data, so create some for your Galaxy S3 Mini VE GT-I8200L;
- go ahead and create a full NANDroid backup, using this tutorial;
- you need to deactivate the security software that’s part of your phone and laptop, too;
- charge the battery unit on your phone;
- look for USB Debugging on the handset and activate it;
- there are USB drivers for your phone available here and they should be installed on your notebook;
- when using our guide, you have to own a laptop that comes pre-installed with Windows.
Step by step instructions
We are now leaving you with the steps that ensure the update of your Galaxy S3 Mini I8200L to the Android 4.2.2 JB official firmware.
- Start with the download of two packages on the laptop: Odin v3.09 (from this page) and the Android 4.2.2 UBUANC4 official firmware for Brazil. The next actions should be these: extract the files inside the Odin and the the other archive with 7Zip and launch Odin v3.09.exe on the laptop.
- You will need to perform this next: enter the handset in Download Mode. Home, Power and Volume Down should be pressed and held simultaneously for this, then you will need to press Volume Up once you spot a boot message.
- If your smartphone is now in that Download Mode, do as follows: plug the device to your notebook. You will need to make use of the phone’s USB cord to make the plugging happen.
- If you’re wondering how you’ll know if the connection is established or not, the Odin will give you an answer by displaying a blue sign.
- Now that you have two devices that are correctly plugged to each other, you can move on. Do so by adding the firmware file to AP / PDA. If the file is currently there, go on with this step: activate Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Re-partition is a box that has to be unchecked.
- You have to start the installation of the UBUANC4 by tapping “Start“. The flashing will be over soon (which means about 12 minutes).
- When the new firmware’s flashing is done, the Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200L will display “Pass“. Then it should restart. If it does as such, you have the option of disconnecting the phone from your laptop and then prepare to explore the novelties. They will be ready for you if you tap Settings on your handset, then About Phone.
You have the possibility to bring the old ROM back in case the new one isn’t satisfying. Which is why the NANDroid backup file had to be created before. To restore the former ROM, your phone’s update will have to become revoked.
If you wish comment on something or ask us questions, you can do so via the comment section below!