Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMJ3 official Firmware
Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 has plenty of admirers in Austria (particularly the ones using Open Austria as their carrier). They are the ones which should read all about our plans to update this smartphone to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with XXAMJ3 official firmware.
You should note that we want only Austrian owners of the Galaxy S3 Mini to use and enjoy this guide. Otherwise you will brick your device if it isn’t the one we already mentioned. The most important thing to do now: check the phone you have in your hands, then concentrate on this tutorial.
After checking that out, we should tell you a little bit about the Android 4.1.2 and the stuff its developer prepared for you. This update firmware is stoked with never before seen features, loads of tweaks to have full control over how your phone looks and acts, new apps, an improved battery life, zero bugs and an overall brilliant performance. You will not come across unwanted bloatware or other unpleasantness. And that is precisely why you should consider updating your smartphone with today’s firmware pick.
In case you made your mind a long time ago, we are left with only these recommendations: first acquire yourself of the requirements task below and then follow the upgrade steps in full order. The necessary pre-requisites are found below:
- before you start the guide make sure your device’s battery isn’t running low;
- then make a regular kind of backup and follow that up with a full NANDroid backup (via this guide);
- as soon as you’re done with these, you should also turn USB Debugging on;
- after that, take the USB cable of your GT-I8190 out of its box and keep it close-by;
- now you can locate the right USB drivers for your handset from here and flash them on your notebook (or personal comp);
- the notebook or PC should only sport Windows OS;
- disable the software that protects your two devices against security threats.
- Once they are saved there, too, start the first step of our guide with these instructions: extract the two files, boot the phone in Download Mode and then connect the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to the laptop; to successfully enter Download Mode, you should perform these guidelines: pres + hold, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power till Android’s icon is displayed, then, when you see it, make sure to press only Power. And you’re now done with the booting into Download Mode.
- Move on to this step: make sure the devices are connected to each other by looking for a message saying “Added!!” and an ID:COM box which should be all yellow; if they’re nowhere to be seen, there was a problem and you have to try a different approach. What you should do is this: either flash the USB drivers again or look for another USB port to use.
- Now on to the next task, which is the following: look for PDA, click on it, choose a file with CODE in the name, search for Phone, tap this one too and then choose a file with MODEM in the name, click on CSC and select a CSC file, then tap PIT and choose a file which should have .pit as its extension.
- We now need you to continue by locating these boxes: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. After you come across them, we urge you to check each of them, then be sure to tap “Start“.
- Once you do the latter, the flashing of the Android 4.1.2 XXAMJ3 stock firmware will commence, so wait until it’s over. You will then be shown a “Pass” message.
- After your handset restarts, you will be required to do this: unplug the smartphone from your laptop or PC.
You are now able to use your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 in all its upgraded, and thus wonderful, splendor!