Update Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 to CM10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3 custom ROM
Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 is all good and ready for CM10.2 M1-Build custom ROM that shall deliver Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as soon as you are done with our tutorial.
The creator behind the CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has successfully managed to throw many useful things on it. If you decide on this tool, we promise that your phone is going to work even better than it does, there will be completely new features to try out, custom ROMs won’t be hard to get by, the battery of your smartphone is going to last more than it currently does and the list of goodies continues.
For the latter to end up on your Galaxy S3 L710 Sprint, you must first check the following requirements out:
- charge the battery that comes with your smartphone;
- download Google Apps from here and the CyanogenMod 10.2 M1-Build JB 4.3 custom ROM from here on your notebook;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- create backups using this guide;
- download and install USB drivers for this device from here on your laptop.
- No more pre-requisites from now on, just the steps that will grant you an updated phone. Here is what we want you to do for the first step: plug your Samsung L710 to the comp with the former’s USB cable and then make sure the two files you downloaded are sent over to your smartphone’s SD card root. Wait until the transfer is over before you can move on.
- The next step we need you to perform should go like this: power the handset off after you’ve unplugged it from the PC, then boot it into Recovery Mode; here is how to perform this task: press and hold, together, Volume Up + Home + Power till you see the display flash and then let go of these keys because the Recovery Mode will show up soon.
- A full NANDroid backup must be your next concern; to create one, you can use this tutorial or you have to do the following: choose “Backup & Restore“, make sure you then wait for another screen to pop up and, after it does, you need to opt for “Backup“.
- Now have patience for a bit until the NANDroid backup starts. Once it ends, you should return to your phone’s Recovery Menu and choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data along.
- Afterwards we ask that you do this: confirm the task by tapping “Yes”, then wait some more. After the handset’s data is wiped, you need to return to the Recovery Menu again.
- Look for “Wipe Cache Partition” and select it, then choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache” along with “Install zip from SD card“.
- For the next task, we need you to opt for Choose zip from SD card. Then choose the cm-10.2-20131102-SNAPSHOT-M1-d2spr archive with “Power” and confirm its flashing with “Yes”.
- After your handset flashes this file, you have to also get the Gapps .zip archive. Which is done by redoing the steps responsible for the installation of the other file.
- After both of these two files are flashed on the phone, you need to do the following tasks: after you are back in the Recovery Menu, you should choose the option dedicated to the phone’s rebooting. This will make sure that your Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 has the CM10.2 M1-Build Android 4.3 custom ROM!