Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9505G Google Edition to Leaked Jelly Bean 4.3 JWR66V
Galaxy S4 GT-I9505G Google Play Edition is going to become better at everything after you take a leap and update it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66V. We will very soon share the path to take in order to enjoy the update.
For starters, it should be mentioned that the firmware is not an official one. Nonetheless, you will not have to put up with bugs or other serious problems. You should just follow our tutorial and things will go well.
As for what features are brought to the table after the update is on your handset: support to charge your Samsung I9505G wirelessly, a battery that will last for longer than before, solutions for security problems which were present in the previous version and so on. It should also be said that the performance and user experience have been brought up to date and are both the better for it.
Then, to get in the groove of things, check the pre-requisites we have in store for you:
- root the handset using this guide;
- install a custom recovery image (the likes of TWRP or the more popular CWM Recovery);
- charge the battery of the smartphone you have all ready for the guide;
- do a backup via these instructions;
- then do a full NANDroid backup using this tutorial;
- download and flash USB drivers for the Galaxy S4 I9505G on the laptop, from here;
- turn on USB Debugging.
How to install JWR66V on Galaxy S4
- The requirements you just read about will now give way to the steps which our update heavily relies on. So here you go with the action needed for the step that begins it all: download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66V firmware on the PC.
- Then have the files inside the package unzipped on the same comp and after you are done, continue with this action: make use of the phone’s USB cord so that the device is plugged to your notebook. Now go ahead and transfer the leaked ROM zip files to the phone’s SD card root.
- When the files have been moved to a fresh place, you should power the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505G Google Edition off and then do this: unplug it from your PC so that you can afterwards boot the phone into CWM Recovery.
- That booting will have to go into effect by following these guideline:
– press Volume Up and Home while you switch the handset on.
- As soon as the Recovery Mode is entered into, you will be requested to operate a full data wipe of your smartphone, then go to Flash zip from SD card; opt for it by pressing Power.
- Now select the option that is listed under this name: Choose zip from SD card. Your next task involves you doing the following: opt for the Android 4.3 ROM zip file with the same old Power.
- When you see your phone telling you that the flashing is about to start, you need to confirm and then wait. The flashing will be over soon, so do as follows:
– access +++++Go Back+++++;
– go to Recovery Menu;
– choose the phone’s restarting option;
– wait for the phone to restart;
That sums it up for today’s tutorial. Your Galaxy S4 I9505G Google Edition will be enjoying the full possibilities that come with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66V leaked firmware.