How to Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9507V to Android 4.3 JB ZNUANB4
Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9507V is, once more, ready to receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. However, the name of the firmware which updates it to this OS is different this time. Find out what it’s called by taking a look at the upcoming guide!
The Galaxy S4 GT-I9507V can have the Jelly Bean OS via an upgrade. If you’re living in China, ZNUANB4 is what you’ll need for this procedure. There are certain drawbacks to using this firmware. One: it doesn’t have an activated KIES logo. Two: you can’t apply it on a different phone. Three: it damages a rooted Samsung GT-I9507V by deleting its system partition and root access.
Because the KIES logo is turned off, you should only upgrade the device via either OTA (but only if stock ROM is installed on the handset) or this tutorial. Despite damaging root access and the system partition, the phone’s data as well as its internal and external SD cards will remain unaffected.
If you have no clue what the Android 4.3 JB means for your smartphone, we’ll let you know now. The first things to be delivered by this OS are new apps and options for customization. The update also deals with ways to improve the phone’s performance. New features and other goodies will be included, too, so that you can enjoy a better experience. Fortunately, your device will not experience bugs.
If you’re now aware of what an update implies, get ready to perform it. Before that, though, follow these pe-requisites:
- make a normal set of backups;
- use these instructions to create a full NANDroid backup;
- turn on USB Debugging on the handset;
- have a look at the phone’s battery and fully charge it;
- your laptop will have to sport Windows;
- download USB drivers for your smartphone on the laptop;
- turn off your notebook’s security programs;
- turn off, on the smartphone, its security programs.
Step by step instructions
- For our very first step, you should download the Jelly Bean 4.3 ZNUANB4 official firmware for China and Odin v3.09 on the laptop, then extract them on it. To extract the packages, use one of these: 7Zip or WinZip. If the unzipping is over, go to a file called Odin v3.09.exe and launch it on the laptop.
- The following should apply next: enter the smartphone in Download Mode with the help of some important steps. Which look like this: simultaneously press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down, let go of all of them as soon as a boot message comes up, then press Volume Up.
- If your handset’s restarted in the Download Mode already, continue by creating a connection between this device and the laptop. To be established, this connection should be helped by the phone’s USB cord. After you’ve used it, wait for the Odin to locate your I9507V.
- When it locates it, a blue sign will appear on the screen. This will tell you that the plugging between the phone and the notebook is now created. Go on with the following step telling you to add the firmware file to AP / PDA and then to check Auto Reboot.
- You now have to check F. Reset Time, leave Re-partition unchecked and tap “Start“. The second you do the latter, you will notice that the ZNUANB4 firmware begins to be flashed on your smartphone. This is going to take a bit, so wait till around 10-15 minutes are up.
- When the time’s flown by, you need to wait again. This time around, you will see that the handset displays “Pass” in a green background. After the right message pops up on the touchscreen, the Galaxy S4 GT-I9507V starts to go into reboot mode.
- Once done with the restarting phase, you will be required to do this: make sure the USB cable isn’t keeping your phone and your notebook plugged to one another.
- The next thing to do after you’ve removed the cord is this: tap Settings on the handset, after which also tap About Phone. By following this route, the new operating system will launch itself on your device for you to use.
See if it rises to expectations or not. In case not, restore the previous ROM with the NANDroid backup file. This restoration will leave a mark on your handset: it will be revoked.
We have a comment section under this post. Leave all your comments and questions alike there!