How to Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANC1
Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 will go through some welcome changes. They are all possible thanks to Android 4.4.2 KitKat and XXU1ANC1. If you’re all for that, read the post we prepared for today!
The Android 4.4.2 KK will become one with your phone once this stock ROM is installed on it. This firmware came out earlier this month for Poland and you can get it via a bunch of steps. More on this later.
The best features of the latest KitKat OS version include performance improvements, new apps and tweaks to personalize your phone. Other than that, the handset won’t be hindered by security problems or a short-lived battery. The upgrade will also deliver new features.
If you want to perform the update on a rooted Galaxy S4 GT-I9515, get to know the disadvantages that come with this procedure. They are two cons: the system partition will end up erased and root access will disappear. These disadvantages don’t mean that the phone’s data will be deleted. Apart from keeping the important content on the device, the internal / external SD cards will also be saved.
Since the XXU1ANC1 doesn’t arrive with an activated KIES logo, you will have to update the phone with other methods. They’re the following: OTA (over-the-air) and today’s guide. To be able to use the first method, you should have a device sporting stock ROM by default.
In case you go for our tutorial, your phone won’t need stock ROM. But, if you use it, make sure you only use it on the Galaxy S4 GT-I9515. A different smartphone updated with our method will be bricked.
Below are some much-needed requirements:
- your handset and laptop use several security programs, so make sure they’re deactivated for the update (turn them back on once the procedure is performed);
- download, on your notebook, those USB drivers which are issued for your Galaxy S4 GT-I9515;
- your laptop’s operating system must be Windows;
- after you make several normal backups, create a full NANDroid one;
- if the phone’s battery is running low, make sure you charge it fully;
- turn on USB Debugging on the smartphone.
Step by step instructions
As for what steps to follow, read below.
- Begin the upgrade with the following tasks: find the Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANC1 official firmware for Poland on this page and then download it on the laptop. Save it on the latter, then make sure you go to this place to find Odin. Download this package on your notebook, then save it as well. You should then use 7Zip or WinRar to unzip the two.
- Perform the following for the next step: open Odin v3.09.exe. Now do this: boot the Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 in Download Mode. Which is done like this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time. When you see a boot screen on the display, you can press Volume Up to land in the mode we mentioned.
- Provide, for the next step, a connection between the handset and your notebook. Use the USB cable of the phone for this part, then have patience till the Odin comes up with a blue sign.
- When the plugging is successful, you can add the firmware file to AP / PDA. Next up: check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then uncheck the box called Re-partition. Tap “Start” to begin the flashing of the new firmware.
- You have to wait approximately 13 minutes till the installation is done and the XXU1ANC1 settles on your smartphone. Once the process ends, a message reading “Pass” will pop on the screen in green.
- This message will be followed by your phone restarting. If the reboot’s done, do this: remove the USB cable from the two devices.
- After they aren’t plugged to one another, go to the phone and tap Settings. The next two things to do: tap About Phone and then look for the new firmware.
Launch it on your phone next. In case it rises up to expectations, use it well. But if it falls short of them, you should turn to the NANDroid backup created previously. The former ROM will be restored on your handset if you make use of that file.
Under our post you will find a comment section. Use it if you have questions or comments for us!