How to Update Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBNB2
We just stumbled on XXUBNB2, your ticket to having an updated Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190. The novelty consists in the fact that Android 4.2.2 and its goodies will be all yours once you’re done with this tutorial!
The XXUBNB2 was issued this February for Ukraine (Kyivstar). The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 will deliver these on your smartphone: low battery bug fixes, the option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state and a new Gallery app.
Besides these, your device will have enhanced Bluetooth audio streaming, a USB debug white-list and a new set of download notifications. All of these are completed by a new set of sounds for wireless charging and many customization options.
If you update a different smartphone with our steps, it will be bricked. You won’t be able to update the S4 I9190 with KIES. Only our guide and OTA (over-the-air) are the options you can use.
The update will make your handset suffer if it’s rooted. Here’s how it will be affected: the system partition will be deleted and root access will be revoked. Your smartphone’s data won’t be lost and the internal/external SD cards won’t be affected.
The pre-requisites we want you to follow starting now are detailed below:
- you should create a couple of backups to secure the safety of the phone’s data;
- the security solutions installed on the notebook must be turned off;
- the same goes for the programs which protect your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 against threats;
- enable, on the smartphone, USB Debugging;
- charge the handset’s battery;
- perform a full NANDroid backup;
- download USB drivers for this phone on the notebook;
- the laptop’s OS must be Windows.
Step by step instructions
Time for the first couple of tasks.
- Here’s how to start: go to this page and download Odin from there on your notebook. Here’s the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 I9190XXUBNB2 for Ukraine (Kyivstar) to also download on the notebook.
- Once you are sure both files are on that device, extract them both with 7Zip or WinRar, then boot the handset in Download Mode with these instructions: press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power, look for a boot screen to pop up, then press Volume Up.
- Now open Odin on the laptop as Admin by first right-clicking on .exe file and afterwards doing this: opt for “Run as Administrator“. Then ensure a connection between the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 with the aid of the phone’s USB cord.
- Then wait a bit till the Odin’s done looking for the phone. If it’s found the latter, it will display an ID:COM box and this message: “Added!!“. If you don’t see these, try flashing the USB drivers once more or change the USB port you’ve been using thus far.
- As soon as a connection is established at last, do this: click on BL, choose a file with BL in the name, tap AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, select a file which has CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file that should have an extension going by the name of.pit.
- F. Reset Time, Re-partition and also Auto Reboot are the boxes which need to be activated.
- Their activation needs to be followed by a step which tells you to click on “Start“. This will ensure the flashing of the new firmware on your phone.
- The next couple of minutes must be dedicated to waiting for the end of the installation. The fact that your smartphone will, once the flashing is complete, reboot and show “Pass” means one thing: you can disconnect the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 from your other device.
- Now sit back and enjoy the effects of having the XXUBNB2 on your smartphone. But to do that, launch Settings, tap About Phone and locate this new firmware. Only then can you go ahead and discover the OS’s novelties.
At some point you may notice that you miss the phone’s previous ROM. If that happens, you can apply this method: return to the NANDroid backup file and use it. Such an operation is going to not only retrieve the old ROM, but also revoke the update process.
In case you have comments or questions for us, the section below awaits all of them!