How to Update Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 to Android 4.2.2 UBUBNA2
Today on droidgator you will get to know how your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 can be updated to Android 4.2.2. So just grab your smartphone and read our tutorial.
We should stress this out once more: only the Samsung I9195 is compatible with this guide. Any other model will just get bricked if you follow our steps. And make sure you live in Chile and have Telefonica as your phone’s carrier: the new firmware your device will receive is called UBUBNA2 and it came out this month.
The KIES logo is not activated, which practically means that you can use either OTA (over the air) with the help of the device’s Software Update button under Settings menu (just make sure there’s a stock ROM installed on the phone to use this) or our tutorial.
The update is going to affect the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195. If it’s rooted, your phone’s root access will be revoked. Another con: the system partition will be deleted. But here’s what you get instead: a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, USB debug white-list, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state and a whole new set of download notifications.
Also, the handset’s internal and external SD cards will not affected. Moreover, the important data is going to be saved from harm.
On to the requirements:
- create a full NANDroid backup after a regular one has been made;
- install, on your laptop, only those USB drivers which were created for your handset;
- if the battery status shows a weak battery, charge it;
- USB Debugging must be enabled on the smartphone;
- we advise using a notebook which comes with Windows;
- turn off the security solutions which protect both the notebook and your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 against various security threats.
Step by step instructions
- As for what you should do for the first step: look for Odin v3.09 and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUBNA2, then download them on your notebook (the Chile Telefonica version is on this page). The files that are inside these packages must be unzipped; for this, use WinZip, WinRar or other such tools.
- Then enter your handset in Download Mode by first pressing and holding, simultaneously, this combination of keys: Home, Volume Down and Power.
- Continue by doing this: press Volume Up after the screen has a warning on it. After this, you need to go to Odin. Be sure to open it on the laptop as Admin and then establish a connection between the handset and the notebook with the USB cord of your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
- After a couple of minutes you should notice “Added!!” and an ID:COM box turning yellow. If not, the connection wasn’t established and you will have to use another USB port. Once that also doesn’t work, flash the USB drivers one more time.
- Follow those tasks up with the next one asking you to tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, opt for a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and select a file with an extension that has .pit in it.
- Then do the following: check F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. Once finished with all of this, move on by helping the flashing begin via this action: click on “Start“.
- You won’t have much to wait until the installation is done and ready. At the end of this process, your handset will reboot on its own and then it shall display “Pass“. Which is your cue to do the following: unplug the devices from one another.
In case you’ve tested the new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUBNA2 official firmware and it’s not all that impressive, the NANDroid backup file is what you should turn to next. This file can help you restore the old ROM on the smartphone after it revokes the upgrade procedure.
Leave all your questions in the comment field below and we’ll try and give helpful answers!