Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Baked Blackbean custom ROM
You should keep your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 close because we are about to teach you something new: how to update this tablet to Android 4.2.2 Baked Blackbean Jelly Bean custom ROM.
What particularly drew us to this firmware is its list of features, which are really great, smoothness, stability and many other things in-between to entertain you.
The nicest features are these: 8 lockscreen shortcuts, ROM control, fully customized DSP Manager and many more. You will find it very easy to customize your tablet once you update it to the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Baked Blackbean unofficial firmware.
If you think you waited too long, your wait is almost over. One more thing we need from you before the update steps: that you follow some requirements. Which are these:
- root the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100;
- then look for a custom recovery and flash it on your tablet;
- make sure you turn USB Debugging on;
- create backups using these instructions;
- your tablet must have its factory unlocked;
- don’t forget to charge the battery of your gadget if there’s not enough power left;
- look for USB drivers that are appropriate for your tablet and flash them on your notebook or comp.
- Make time to follow the next steps, too. They’re the ones which are going to update your tablet in a very short amount of time (if you stick to all of them, that is). Without further ado, we give you your first tasks: after you’re done downloading and saving Google Apps from here and the new Baked Blackbean unofficial ROM on your laptop, you will have to plug the tablet to the latter. We recommend the following tool to help with this: the tablet’s USB cord.
- Then, once the two devices are plugged to one another, you will have to do this: take the two downloaded files from their original place and move them to the tablet’s SD card root. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 will have to be switched off once the transfer is all over.
- Then you can unplug the tablet from the notebook and enter the former in Recovery Mode by doing as follows: power your gadget on while pressing and simultaneously holding Volume Down and Power.
- After the Recovery Mode is in sight, you should perform the following: a full data wipe. To do that, we recommend you to opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
- After that, you should also perform a cache wipe like this: choose Wipe Cache Partition. A wipe of the dalvik cache should also be done; this action needs to happen as shown here: go, from the Recovery, to Advanced, then make sure you choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now you should return to the Recovery Screen. If you are already there, then opt for these: Install zip from SD card and then Choose zip from SD card. Wait a bit, then opt for the update file with Power after you’re close to it; the installation must be confirmed next.
- After one of the files is on your tablet, flash the second one – the Google Apps – by redoing the actions that flashed that one.
- Once this file is also among your tablet’s other additions, you should do this: go to +++Go Back+++. Then follow this up by choosing Reboot System Now from your gadget’s Recovery Menu. The tablet will then restarts and let you enjoy the upgrade to the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 unofficial ROM!