Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 8 Final ROM
Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 8 Final ROM will find its place on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 if you consider this tutorial.
The only two ways there are to achieve a successful update are to follow these items: requirements and steps. Here are the first:
- root the device;
- flash a custom recovery image on the tablet;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- make one or several backups;
- charge your tablet’s battery;
- install USB drivers for the gadget on your laptop;
- use the carrier unlocked Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
How to flash SlimBean Build custom ROM on your tablet
For the next leg of this tutorial, we give you the steps that are soon going to help you own an updated tablet.
- Download Google Apps package (file name: Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.8) and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 8 custom ROM (file name: Slim-p5100-4.2.2.build.8-OFFICIAL) for the gadget on your notebook. Next, it’s wise to plug the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to the laptop and transfer the two files to the SD card root of the tablet, then unplug the devices from one another.
- To enter the gadget into Recovery Mode, be sure it’s first switched off; now do as follows: press and hold Volume Up + Power at the same time, then press Volume Up after the display comes up with the manufacturer logo. Recovery Mode is now available.
- So continue with these tasks: make a full NANDroid backup by selecting “Backup&Restore“, opting for “Backup” and waiting for the backup to happen.
- Now go back to the Recovery Menu and concentrate on operating some wiping tasks. Opt for “Factory reset/Wipe data” first. This action has to be confirmed, so do that for now and then go to the Recovery Menu. Choose “Wipe cache partition” and then be sure to perform the last wiping action by opting for “Wipe Dalvik cache“.
- After the tasks we mentioned have been done, you can now opt for “Install zip from SD card“, select “Choose zip from SD card” and then use “Power” to choose the Slim-p5100-4.2.2.build.8-OFFICIAL zip file; have this confirmed, then have patience till the process of installation for this file begins.
- Redo the steps above which installed the custom ROM in order to flash the Gapps zip file. Then proceed with the following: go to the Recovery Menu. You should be there because we want you to restart the tablet.
- The option that shall do that is called “Restart the device”. Your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 will now join all those gadgets that have already been updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via SlimBean Build 8 Final ROM. You should turn to your device after the guide is over, then launch “Settings” and, from there, tap “About tablet“. You will now see the update firmware and get to use it.
NOTE: The tutorial is now complete. But for some of you it may have to be repeated or you could be put in front of issues that need to be solved. For example, this may happen: the gadget shows you a message which says “Status 7 error“.
If that happens to your device, you should flash a related kernel beforehand; then flash your tablet with the update file. For when the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 remain stuck in a boot loop (or the booting takes more than 15 minutes), you have to consider this solution: perform “Wipe cache partition” and “Wipe Dalvik cache” again. Then restart the tablet by opting for the “Reboot” button.
If you don’t know how to bring back the previous tablet’s ROM, you have to look at the following steps: boot the gadget into the Recovery and afterwards opt for “Backup&Restore” next; a list should appear on the touchscreen, so choose the old ROM from it.