Update Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAML2
To help you upgrade Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 to Android 4.2.2, we recently found XXUAML2. This new firmware came out for German owners of this tablet who chose 1&1 as their gadget’s carrier. More on this in today’s tutorial!
The XXUAML2 official firmware was created to be applied on the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210. Which is why you shouldn’t use it on a different gadget. If your tablet is rooted, the new firmware will be responsible for the following: it shall delete the gadget’s system partition and it will also revoke root access.
But there are many great advantages to counteract that: the important data will be saved, the internal and external SD cards won’t be affected and you will get to use a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, USB debug white-list, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading and a whole new set of download notifications.
If you want to use Samsung’s KIES for the update, you won’t be able to. The new firmware can only be obtained if you use our guide or OTA (over the air) with the aid of the the Software Update button under Settings menu. The latter needs a tablet which uses a stock ROM already.
Pre-requisites are now in order:
- make backups (a full NANDroid one should also be created);
- USB drivers for your tablet must be downloaded on your notebook;
- if USB Debugging is disabled, be sure to turn it on;
- download, from here, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUAML2 (file name: P5210XXUAML2_P5210XEGAML1_XEG.zip) for Germany (1&1) and Odin from this page on your laptop;
- only a Windows-based notebook will work with our guide;
- the battery of your table must be fully charged;
- make sure you turn off security software installed on the tablet and the laptop while you’re following the steps below.
- As soon as the necessary preparations have been made, you can start updating your tablet to the Android 4.2.2. Here is what you should do for the first time: unzip, with a dedicated software, the content of the two packages downloaded on your laptop.
- Then enter your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 in Download Mode via these actions: press and hold Volume Down and Power at the same time and the icon of Android along with a screen of warning will pop up; be sure to press this button when they do: Volume Up.
- Your next task will be this one: once the Odin is launched as an Admin on the laptop, establish a connection between the tablet and the notebook.
- We advise you to use, for this, the USB cord that comes with the tablet. When a message that says “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow both come on the display, the connection will have been established. If, however, they don’t appear, you need to opt for another USB port to use; or you can choose to flash the USB drivers on your notebook again.
- Once everything is alright, do this: click on BL, choose a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- The rest of the guide should go like this: once Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time are all checked, tap “Start”, wait for the flashing of the new ROM to commence, then for the installation to be over.
- When it does, you will see that the tablet reboots on its own. Unplug it from your laptop as soon as a “Pass” message in green is displayed.
- The whereabouts of the new firmware are very easy to find out: just be sure to access Settings and after that remember to tap About Tablet. Soon you will be shown the XXUAML2. Once you locate it, we recommend checking it out to know whether or not you find it useful.
If the answer’s no, the NANDroid backup you had to create will prove very useful. This file can bring the previous ROM back on your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210. When it does, the update procedure is going to be revoked.
Should there be questions you want to ask or comments you wish to leave, drop them in the comment section at the end of this post.