How to Update Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU to KitKat 4.4.2 UEU1AND4
Android 4.4.2 is ideal for your Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU. The OS has all the right things going for it. You need only follow our guide and the rest will solve itself in due time!
Thanks to the new UEU1AND4 official firmware, your tablet has some great novelties to expect. This update, launched for the USA (Cellular South) recently, shouldn’t be used on a gadget with a different name. If it is, your device, whatever the model, will be affected big time.
If your Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU is pre-installed with root firmware, the latter will quickly be revoked. Along with this, the device’s system partition will be deleted. The tablet’s internal and external SD cards will not be damaged by the new firmware. Also, the important data will still be present on the gadget.
As for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat itself, having it on the tablet translates into plenty of new goodies. They include tweaks for a superior battery, new apps and so on. The most important novelties are tweaks that allow you to customize your tablet and enjoy better performance.
The firmware you’ll install on your device today has a deactivated KIES logo. This implies the following: while the KIES logo cannot be used for the procedure, OTA can. To actually work, the latter method needs a Samsung SM-T530NU with stock ROM inside it.
This upgrade will work better if the tablet goes through these pre-requisites:
- the battery unit inside your Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 T530NU has to be fully charged for this upgrade;
- to be able to still use the tablet’s data, you need to make sure a couple of backups are performed;
- a full NANDroid backup has to be performed after that;
- your tablet has several security programs on it that must be disabled for the update;
- turn off, on your laptop, the security programs;
- the tablet’s USB Debugging option should be enabled;
- USB drivers must be downloaded on the laptop;
- your notebook should run Windows.
Step by step instructions
In case you’re done preparing the tablet, the following steps explain what to do in order to achieve an updated Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU.
- As first step, the following should happen: go to the laptop and download, on it, the Android 4.4.2 UEU1AND4 KitKat official firmware for the Cellular South. Now download Odin v3.09 on it, too. Look for WinZip and extract the packages with it. You will now be required to do this: open Odin v3.09.exe on the laptop.
- The next step asks you to boot the tablet in Download Mode by pressing and simultaneously holding Home, Power and Volume Down, waiting for the screen to contain a boot message, then pressing Volume Up when done.
- Your tablet and your notebook have to enter a connection for now. Which is where the tablet’s USB cord comes in, helping with the plugging. After you use it like this, your gadget’s going to be located by Odin. When the latter is found, Odin will have a blue sign to deliver for you.
- After spotting it, you need to go on by adding the firmware file to AP / PDA. Check, now, F. Reset Time. After that check Auto Reboot and uncheck Re-partition. If you’re done with these actions, click on “Start“. This will begin the installation of the new UEU1AND4 firmware on the tablet.
- The end of the procedure is going to happen once 15 minutes are finished. You will see that the tablet comes up with a message saying “Pass” in a green box. Afterwards, your gadget’s going to reboot on its own. The latter and your laptop are now ready to be unplugged from one another.
- So time to remove the USB cable. You are now allowed to look for the new firmware and have a go at all of the new stuff we mentioned.
- They are attainable only after you’ve tapped Settings on the device, then About Tablet. For the next minutes, you should experiment with these goodies. Once you’re satisfied with them, all’s good.
If the novelties are underwhelming, why not getting the previous ROM restored? The NANDroid backup file will do this job, so go for it. By being able to enjoy, again, the old ROM, your tablet shall lose the upgrade.
You will have to use our comment section if you have questions about the update procedure.