Update Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 to CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Firmware
If you were getting impatient for a tool to update your Galaxy Tab GT-P1000, rejoice: there is a new firmware that can help with that: CM10.1 Nightly. And by that we mean the new Android 4.2.2 Jellybean one.
With this guide you will get to flash the update manually. And we promise it will not be painful to do. The benefits of performing such a procedure include many novelties to experiment with. We are listing some of them for you to see: new user interface, better speed, no bugs to affect the tablet’s battery and such.
So, if your gadget is rooted and has a custom recovery image on it, too, you can manually update it to Android 4.2.2 JB. If it is not rooted, find a tutorial on how to do it and then learn how to flash either ClockworkMod Recovery or TeamWin Recovery Project on your Tab P1000. Here are other pre-requisites to include: charge the battery of the device, turn on USB debugging (in the following manner: go to the Settings section, tap on Applications, choose Development and check the box that says USB debugging) and create a backup via our tutorial.
- Here is what to do in order to manually update your tablet to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. First and foremost, you have to download the CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware and then Google Apps archive from here on your laptop.
- Then use the USB cord of the Galaxy Tab P1000; what exactly to do with it: use it so that the tablet and the notebook are plugged to one another. The files we indicated earlier need to be moved from their original location to another one; the latter should the your tablet.
- Having performed these, you have to continue by operating another set of tasks that begins with this one: power the tablet off.
- Next up: make it reach Recovery Mode by doing what we prompt you below:
– press and hold, at the same time, Volume Up and Menu, then switch the tablet on; the logo of Android will be the sign by which you will know that the Mode has now been entered.
- What comes after you’ve done the above should go like this: wipe the data by operating two different actions. Here they are: Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now opt for the following: Install zip from SD card. The Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package will have to be opted for.
- After you select the same “Install zip from SD card“, you will be told to choose the Gapps Package. Once your Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 has the two zip files among its tools, you should wait for the screen of the gadget to show this: “install from sd card completed”.
As soon as you see that, your task is to opt for Go Back. To reboot the tablet in Normal Mode, you have to choose the system restarting option, then have patience till the gadget is rebooted. And that completes our guide!
If you see the welcome screen for more than 15 minutes, you should press the Power key for about five seconds, then repeat our tutorial. You have to do the same in case the tablet cannot get out of an infinite boot loop.