Update Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMK5 firmware
If you find yourself wanting the latest Android 4.2.2 to feature on your Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580, we are happy to provide a guide where we discuss the easiest way to grab that update. The firmware this tutorial is based on is XXUAMK5, a tool which was launched last month.
Here is the list of some countries which are supported by the new firmware: Germany, Greece, Baltic region, Tunisia, Spain and Slovakia. You won’t be able to update your handset with KIES because the logo is not turned on. Instead of that, you can upgrade the device with OTA (over the air) with the via the Software Update button under Settings menu (but only if your Galaxy Trend Plus has a stock ROM running on it).
We must warn you about something: if you don’t use the Samsung S7580 for this guide, the update won’t happen successfully and you will brick the other device you use instead of this one.
If the Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 is rooted, the upgrade will soon revoke root access and system partition will be erased. But the important data and internal/external SD cards won’t be affected.
And now let’s give it up for the new features that your handset will sport once the update is performed: a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading, Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, USB debug white-list and a whole new set of download notifications.
They will land on the handset after you start our guide. But now let’s follow these requirements:
- turn on USB Debugging on the Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580;
- create backups to preserve the data after the update is done (apart from a regular backup you need to create a full NANDroid backup as well);
- while you’re performing this guide, your phone’s and notebook’s security programs must be turned off;
- fully charge the battery inside the handset;
- your laptop must feature Windows as an OS;
- your laptop must be running USB drivers appropriate for the phone.
- For the first step you will need to download these files on your laptop: the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUAMK5 official firmware (the Germany version is available on this page, you will find the Greece version here, the Baltic variant is on this site, the Tunisia version can be found here, the Spain version should be downloaded from this location while the Slovakia version is here) and the latest version of Odin from this page. The firmware is also available for various other countries: Vietnam, Netherlands, Turkey, South Africa, Romania (Vodafone), Poland, Slovenia (Si.mobil), Nordic countries and Slovenia.
- Once they are also saved on the notebook, you should use WinZip or WinRar to unzip them and after that boot the phone into Download Mode like this: Home, Volume Down and Power, and, as soon as a screen of warning pops up, be sure to press Volume Up.
- To continue, you need to take the USB cord and use it to establish a connection between the handset and your notebook. When the screen has an ID:COM box in yellow and an “Added!!” message, you will know that the plugging went as planned. If it didn’t, you should make use of a different USB port or re-flash the USB drivers on the notebook.
- What you have to do next is the following: tap BL, choose a file with BL in the name, click on AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, opt for a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and opt for a file with a .pit extension in the name.
- Move on by activating F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and then Re-partition. Start the flashing of the new firmware by clicking on “Start”, then wait for the installation to begin and end.
- When the latter happens, you will notice the following: your handset will reboot and then it is going to show “Pass”. Proceed to this step: unplug the Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 from the notebook.
Tap, next, on Settings and then do this to gain access to the XXUAMK5: tap About Phone. After you’ve found the new firmware, see if you like it by using it for a while.
If it’s not what you thought it would be, you will be able to restore the previous ROM on your handset by using the NANDroid backup file to revoke the update process.
If there are problems during the tutorial, come tell us about them via the comment section below.