How to Update Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3812 to Android 4.2.2 ZNUAML1
ZNUAML1 is your best bet in terms of firmware if you want your Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3812 upgraded to Android 4.2.2. This new tool isn’t difficult to install on your handset. Follow our guide for info on how to perform this very useful procedure!
The upgrade came out this month for China. Because its KIES logo is not turned on, you can only apply the update with the help of today’s post or OTA via the aid of the the Software Update button under Settings menu (your handset must come with a stock ROM for this to work).
If you use a phone that’s not the Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3812, you won’t be able to enjoy the update because your device shall be bricked. In case a rooted phone is used for this guide, the new firmware will revoke root access and erase your device’s system partition. Even so, you won’t end up with damaged internal and external SD cards; the important data on your smartphone will also be saved.
In turn for installing the ZNUAML1 official firmware, your handset is going to welcome the following goodies: a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, USB debug white-list, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading and a whole new set of download notifications.
Time for a couple of requirements:
- a regular and a full NANDroid backup must be performed so that the data on your phone is saved;
- your laptop should feature Windows;
- your notebook must be running USB drivers that work only with the handset;
- charge, if necessary, the battery of your Galaxy Win Pro G3812;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- the security programs featured on the laptop and the smartphone must be turned off throughout this guide.
Step by step instructions
- Make sure you look for these 2 packages online and then download them on the notebook: Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZNUAML1 (here is the China version).
- Then use WinZip or WinRar to extract each of these packages and remember to do this next: boot your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding, simultaneously, Volume Down, Home and Power and you should come across the logo of Android together with a triangle, so make sure to press Power and you’re done with this step.
- Now open the Odin as an Admin on the laptop. After you are done, establish a connection between your Samsung G3812 and the laptop. The USB cable of your phone will be required for this.
- Once a yellow ID:COM box and “Added!!” are displayed, you can move on to the next step. But if they don’t, you will need to opt for another USB port or choose to flash, again, the USB drivers on the notebook.
- Click, for the next step, on BL, choose a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- When a bunch of boxes are displayed, remember to check the ones called Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then do the following: click on “Start“. This will make the flashing of the new ROM commence.
- The installation is going to be over in a couple of minutes; when it is, your Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3812 is going to restart. You will be asked to unplug the phone from the laptop after you spot a “Pass” message on the handset’s screen.
- The new Android 4.2.2 official firmware is waiting for you on your device. You can start using it after you click on Settings and tap About Phone.
If the ZNUAML1 is disappointing, you can always go back to the old ROM and have it restored on the smartphone. That is why you created the NANDroid backup file. So use the latter and the upgrade will eventually be revoked.
To be able to answer any questions you may have, we need you to use the comment field below.