Update Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMH3 Official Firmware
Your Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 won’t be the same with XXAMH3 on-board. That’s because this official firmware will improve your phone’s performance by adding the latest Android 4.1.2 and its horde of features.
The Galaxy Xcover 2 GT-S7710 was announced this past January, whereas the new firmware came out in October for Czech Republic (T-Mobile) and in November for Germany (T-Mobile). If you’re living in one of these countries, make sure you update your handset using our method only if the device is the model we mentioned just now. Using the new firmware on any other variant will brick that phone.
Since the KIES logo is not activated on any of the versions of this firmware, you will have to upgrade the device either via OTA with the Software Update button under Settings menu or this guide instead of Samsung’s KIES. For the OTA method, your handset must be running a stock ROM.
The features which are in store for the Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 are these: sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, group cast, a fixed frame of 60 fps, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, mini apps, touch anticipation and free style widget and a new keyboard.
Before you can upgrade your smartphone, it’s best if you read this info about the XXAMH3: the firmware will, if the device is rooted, erase he system partition in the process and revoke root access. You will be able to still use the phone’s important data once the update has been performed and the internal/external SD cards won’t be affected.
It should be noted that there are certain pre-requisites to consider before the start of the upgrade procedure, so:
- charge the battery of your Galaxy Fame Lite S6790N if the battery status shows it’s empty;
- make sure your notebook comes with Windows;
- create a regular backup (the guide is here) and also a full NANDroid one (made with this tutorial);
- be sure to turn USB Debugging on;
- turn off the security programs features on the handset and the laptop;
- download USB drivers compatible with the handset on the notebook.
Step by step instructions
- Next thing to do is to start the actual upgrade. So download, on your laptop, Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 S7710XXAMH3 (the Germany T-Mobile version from this location and the Czech Republic version from this place).
- When you’ve secured each of these packages, you should proceed to unzipping them with a specific tool, then enter the handset in Download Mode by pressing and hold, together, these buttons: Volume Down, Home and Power.
- Then do this: have patience till you see the icon of Android appearing, then be sure to press Volume Up. You will then be prompted to open the Odin, on the notebook, as Administrator.
- For now, take the USB cable of your handset; use it to establish a connection between the Galaxy Xcover 2 GT-S7710 and the laptop. The success of the plugging depends on seeing a yellow ID:COM box and a message saying “Added!!“.
- To move on, you should tap PDA, then opting for a file with CODE in the name, taping Phone next, opting for a file with MODEM in the name, tapping CSC, selecting a file sporting CSC in the name, clicking on PIT and choosing a file with .pit extension in the name.
- After that, we need you to do this: activate F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition and continue by clicking on “Start”.
- The new firmware will land on your smartphone after you do that, so it’s best to just wait until the procedure is done. You will then notice that the phone reboots and that its touchscreen displays “Pass” soon afterwards. Time for the last step: unplug your devices one from the other.
- Then, on your handset, tap Settings, click on About Phone and you will see the XXAMH3 official firmware in that place. Allow yourself some time to just test the new tool out.
In case it doesn’t do anything for you, use the NANDroid backup file to restore the previous ROM back on the Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 by revoking the update.
Under this post you’ll notice a comment field. Make good use of it if you don’t understand something about the update or you want help.