How to Update Galaxy Young Duos GT-S6312 to Android 4.1.2 XXAML1
Galaxy Young Duos GT-S6312 is the perfect phone to install the newest Android 4.1.2 on, especially with XXAML1 just released.
Launched this month, the new XXAML1 official firmware will bring the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your phone if you live in India. Thanks to the fact that the KIES logo is activated, you can, if you can’t search for updates via OTA (the Software Update button under Settings menu), update your device with the KIES software (only if the smartphone uses a stock ROM).
If you want to use our tutorial, only the Galaxy Young Duos S6312 will do. Use another phone and you are going to soon brick it. Once the correct model is used, you will get to experiment with group cast, sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, touch anticipation, mini apps, a fixed frame of 60 fps, free style widget and an new and better keyboard.
But there are also disadvantages if you consider an update: your phone’s root access will be revoked and the system partition is going to be deleted. What will go unaffected are the important data and the phone’s internal and external SD cards.
The first thing to do before you upgrade your device is described in the list below:
- in case you notice the battery icon running low, charge your phone’s battery unit to make it last through the guide;
- make sure the laptop you use is already equipped with Windows;
- disable every security software installed on the laptop and the handset;
- install, on your laptop, Odin 3.09 from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAML1 stock firmware (here is the India version);
- create both standard backups and a full NANDroid one, generated with this tutorial;
- be sure to enable USB Debugging on the your Samsung S6312;
- download from this page USB drivers that work best with the handset on the laptop.
- If the pre-requisites have been performed accordingly, begin the update by unzipping the two packages just saved on your notebook; you can use, for this first step, one of these tools: WinRar or 7Zip.
- For the second step you will have to enter the Galaxy Young Duos GT-S6312 into Download Mode by using these buttons simultaneously: Home, Volume Down and Power; after they’ve been pressed and held like that, a warning screen should appear, so press Volume Up to boot into that Mode.
- For the next part we need you to do as follows: after the Odin is launched as Administrator on your notebook, you have to plug the handset to your laptop.
- For a successful connection to be established, you need to use the phone’s USB cable and then wait. After a couple of minutes, the display will show an “Added!!” and an ID:COM in yellow. But in case the plugging doesn’t end on a good note, you have to either flash those USB drivers on your laptop again or try a different USB connector.
- After a connection has finally been achieved, you need to do this: tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- As soon as you’ve completed this, consider the following step: check Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- After they’ve all been activated, do this: tap “Start“. The flashing of the new firmware is going to debut soon afterwards. When the smartphone reboots automatically and has a message saying “Pass” in background painted green, feel free to disconnect the Galaxy Young Duos GT-S6312 from your notebook by removing that USB cord.
- Then, in order to see what the new XXAML1 firmware can do for your smartphone, open it by clicking on Settings, then tapping About Phone.
Once you’ve tested it for a bit and discover it’s not as great as you thought it would be, the NANDroid backup file is ready for you. How come? Well, this file was made to restore the previous ROM on your handset if such a situation arose. But if you use it, the upgrade is going to be cancelled.
Use our comment section below if you have questions you want answered. Or in case issues appear along the way.