Update Samsung Galaxy R I9103 using CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM
If you’ve always wanted to know how to update Samsung’s Galaxy R I9103 to the Android 4.1.2 operating system, you’ve come to the right place. Today’s article contains everything you need to know about the whole process. Which is very easy to complete.
A member on XDA Developers forum came up with the perfect way to update the Samsung Galaxy R I9103: a custom ROM that was made especially for this model. Its name: CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM. But before we tell you how to install it on your phone, you need to know that it comes with issues which have to do with its Gyroscope and Bluetooth features. Also, there is no camera app to play with.
As is the case with custom ROMs, this, too, requires some steps that need to be completed before you start the actual installation phase.
You need to install a custom recovery image for the phone (the best one is called CWM Recovery), you have to make a backup of the data on your handset and you need to enable the USB debugging option (go to Settings, choose Applications, then opt for Development and, finally, select USB debugging). Then you need to backup text messages via a couple of tools named SMS backup and restore.
After this step you have to use a laptop or a PC which need to have their security tools switched off. This is followed by the backup of the current ROM, the backup of the call logs by downloading suitable backup and restore apps, the backup of EFS from your Samsung phone and the backup of Contacts by syncing the handset with Google. After this is done, you have to charge the handset till it says 100% charged. Then you need to gain root access to the Galaxy R I9103.
Below are the steps with the help of which you will be able to successfully update your smartphone with CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware.
- First step: download an update file and Google Apps pack, then connect the device to your laptop with the help of a USB cable.
- Step 2: copy the files you just downloaded from your laptop to the SD card that’s in the handset. When you are done, unplug the USB cable and switch the Galaxy R I9103.
- For step 3 you need to reboot the phone in recovery mode via pressing and holding the keys for Volume Up, Menu and Power.
- The fourth step instructs us to perform a wipe when we are in the recovery menu by choosing these options: Wipe data factory reset and Wipe cache partition.
- Next comes step 5: go back to the recovery menu via this command: +++go back+++. When you are there, choose Install ZIP from SD card.
- For the sixth step you have to opt for Choose ZIP from SD card, then pick the update file first and install the same.
- Step number 7: redo the last step for flashing the Google Apps package. The final step looks like this: choose +++go back+++ and Reboot system now.