Upgrade Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to XXUFME7 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Official Firmware
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 will always be the model of choice for a lot of phone users. Having just said that, why not allow us to teach you how to manually upgrade your device to official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUFME7 firmware.
This sort of updated tool is going to make sure the owner of the S3 I9300 will not experience bugs in the Wi-Fi performance and other problems.
Requirements for our tutorial urge you to do the following:
- enable USB Debugging by going to your phone’s Settings, then tapping on Applications, opting for Development and then turning on the option which reads USB Debugging;
- once you are done with that, you will need to make a backup that must contain the very important content on your smartphone;
- install USB drivers (on your laptop) for the kind of smartphone you use;
- then be sure you charge the device’s battery to its fullest so that it will not make the handset stop working.
How about a short list of the features you will get to play with after the update? Here is a taste of them: actionable notifications, a new S4 lock screen, a new S-Voice from the Galaxy S4, similar features to the manufacturer’s S4 model, Daydream and many others.
Hopefully this list of what’s to be expected from the XXUFME7 on your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has convinced you to follow our tutorial. In case it did, then we strongly recommend you to update your smartphone with the help of the following steps.
How to flash XXUFME7 firmware on I9300
- The first of them has this instruction at the ready: download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUFME7 firmware archive and Odin tool on your notebook. Then wait for them to get installed there and switch the Galaxy S3 I9300 off.
- Now boot the handset into the usual Download Mode by using the following keys: Volume Down and Home, which you must press and hold together; as you do that, you should power the smartphone on and you’ll land in the Download Mode.
- After it’s in it, you will be asked to plug the handset to your notebook; you need to use the phone’s USB cord for this task, then wait a bit till you find out whether or not the connection between the two has been established.
- If you see a message reading “Added!!” or an ID:COM port number coloring in yellow, then yes, the connection has been established; if you don’t see those, you can either use a different USB port or resort to flashing the USB Drivers again. In Odin, you need to tap PDA; this is the way to use so that you can opt for the update firmware.
- Now tap START and this firmware is going to be flashed on your handset. Look for this after the installation is done: “Language preference” on the display; when you see that, you will have to unplug the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 from the PC.
- The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUFME7 firmware is right in this instance on the device’s “About phone”. Now run along and check it out!
NOTE: After you’ve spotted it, the guide will be over for you. But it will continue for owners who experience issues with the phone; like getting it stuck in either the Welcome screen or in a boot loop.
To take care of that, you need to take the battery out first, then put it back in. After that you will have to repeat the entire tutorial from start to finish.