Install XWMS1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100
Galaxy S2 I9100 used by folks over in Nordic countries can use XWMS1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware to update their handset. The tool has been leaked recently and we can assure you that it works excellently with your smartphone.
For a smooth upgrade, we recommend this: first inform yourself on what requirements to follow, then get to the actual update steps.
The promised pre-requisites:
- look and see if the phone’s battery needs a charge;
- download the I9100XWMS1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 stock firmware and Odin tool version 3.07 from here on your laptop;
- install USB drivers on your laptop (they must be appropriate for your handset);
- enable USB Debugging;
- create backups using this short tutorial.
- You will now embark on the adventure that is the updating of your I9100. So get to it by first unzipping, after you’ve downloaded them, of the Odin v3.07.exe and the new firmware.
- The file that will appear from this unzipping are, among many others, Odin .exe and .tar.md5. If they’re on the laptop’s desktop, you can continue with this task: turn the handset off.
- Enter the smartphone in Download Mode after you are done; which mode must be reached via these particular actions: press + hold Home, Volume Down and Power at the same time and, when the display shows you the logo of Samsung, let go of these buttons.
- What we ask of you next is the following: launch the Odin 3.07.exe as Admin and then plug the phone to the laptop; now be sure to wait until Odin says “Added!” and then shows you a yellow ID:COM box. At some point or another, you may not see any of the two; in that case, you should install the USB drivers one more time or try using a completely different USB port.
- If the devices are now connected to one another, it’s time to move on. These are the instructions that you must follow: tap PDA, choose the .tar.md5 file, then click on Phone, go for a file with MODEM in the name, tap CSC, choose a file that sports CSC in the name, tap PIT and then opt for a file with .pit as the main extension.
- For the next couple of guidelines, we ask you to do as follows: select the check boxes which read Repartition, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. The second one should be checked in case you already opted for the .pit file.
- Then, in order to nudge the installation process, you should tap “Start“. The flashing will end soon, so just wait for a few minutes. Then your Galaxy S2 I9100 shall reboot all on its own. You need to disconnect it from the laptop after you see PASS in green on the touchscreen. After you are done, your smartphone will be armed with the new firmware
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S2 I9100 should now be running latest XWMS1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware.
If you’re not aware, this firmware can turn your smartphone experience into a totally new one with the help of customization tweaks, the possibility to install new features, new custom ROMs and the like. The battery of your device will have a longer life than usual.