Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMG5 Official Firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300
Galaxy S3 I9300 is right up there with other great phones. Which isn’t to say that it doesn’t need an update. Because it absolutely does if it means that the device can perform even better than it currently does.
We looked around and came across XXEMG5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware coming right from the phone’s manufacturer. Here are some of the features which are new on this tool:
- new Gallery app;
- Smart Rotation;
- the possibility to turn off the Brightness slider in the notification panel;
- and many more exciting features!
This kind of update has every chance at a successful ending. But only if you first consider these pre-requisites:
- the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is the only smartphone that is compatible with our guide;
- create as many backups as you think are absolutely necessary to make;
- use the Galaxy S3 I9300 in its factory unlocked state;
- turn on USB debugging on the device;
- flash USB drivers for your smartphone on your notebook;
- charge the phone’s battery.
If there is root access on your smartphone, the update will wipe it all away. When that occurs, we advise you to just root the handset again.
How to flash XXEMG5 on Galaxy S3
As for steps necessary for this tutorial: you will find all of them in the next paragraphs.
- The first of which has these instructions to be followed:
– download Odin tool 3.07, from this place;
– download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMG5 stock firmware (file name: I9300XXEMG5_I9300ODDEMG1_INU.zip);
on the notebook. They come with several zip files which have to be on your laptop; which is why you should extract the second packages on your notebook with an appropriate tool.
- Now power the Galaxy S3 I9300 off since you have to enter it in Download Mode like this:
– press and hold, together, Volume Down and Home;
– let go of both keys;
– press, instead, Power;
– Android’s logo + one triangle will appear;
– confirm this by pressing Power.
- The notebook needs to have a launched Odin on it, so do that for now, then plug the handset to the PC; when a yellow ID:COM box pops on the screen, the connection has been acquired and you can go on with the tutorial by doing as shown below:
– click on PDA;
– opt for that one file which has CODE in the name;
– tap Phone;
– choose a file sporting MODEM in the name;
– click on CSC;
– go for the file containing CSC in its name;
– tap PIT;
– opt for a .pit file.
- Don’t leave Odin just yet because you still have to do this: once some boxes appear, you have to select the ones called F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition; the latter goes hand in hand with the .pit file, so only choose it if you opted for that file.
- The XXEMG5 firmware can start its road on to your smartphone once you tap “START”. So now wait and after a couple of minutes the Galaxy S3 I9300 is going to restart on its own and then it shall come alive with a home screen.
- In case you don’t know what that has to do with anything: it means you should disconnect the handset from your PC.
After the update process is over, you can verify the Android 4.1.2 build XXEMG5 official firmware by visiting “Settings” and then “About Phone“. Then launch the firmware and observe all of its pros.