Install XXJU2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab P1000
Galaxy Tab P1000 can expect many great things from XXJU2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official firmware. So allow us tell you, the users of this model, how to get this update.
For the first time ever, your Tab P1000 can experience how it feels like to be upgraded to the latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system version. Our guide is not using ClockworkMod Recovery, so your device does not have to be rooted beforehand. But the tutorial needs certain pre-requisites before we tell you all about the means of updating the tablet.
First, be sure to enable USB Debugging, then make backups (create a backup for the phone’s internal memory content to an external SD card), install USB drivers for this tablet on your laptop, charge the tablet’s battery, use a Windows-sporting notebook (or download and use CrossOver Utility if the OS is different) and use the bootloader and carrier unlocked version of Galaxy Tab GT-P1000.
How to update Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 to XXJU2 firmware
- To get the upgrade, first download the Gingerbread 2.3.6 T311XXJU2 and Odin tool on a notebook, then unzip them both until .tar.md5 and Odin tool 3.07.exe are there among lots of different files.
- After waiting around 5 seconds for the Tab P1000 to get turned off, you should enter the gadget into Download Mode; like this: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down and Power, then press Volume Up when the Android logo pops on the display of the device.
- Launch the Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Admin by right-clicking on odin.exe file and then opting for “Run as administrator” (this option is situated in the tablet’s context menu).
- The tablet has to be plugged, with its USB cord, to the laptop. Now wait for a COM port number in yellow and “Added!!” to greet you after the connectivity is established; but if this connectivity does not happen, you have to either re-flash the USB drivers or use another USB port.
- Now you should choose the files we are mentioning below:
– click PDA and choose a file with CODE in its name;
– after you tap Phone, you have to opt for a file that comes with MODEM in its name;
– once you tap CSC, you should select a file having CSC in its name;
– click PIT and opt for a .pit file.
- Stay in Odin after you are done performing the tasks above.
- Then select F. Reset Time, Repartition and then Auto Reboot; only choose the Repartition box if you opted for the file with the aforementioned .pit extension in its name.
- Now make sure you do this: tap START, wait for the installation of the XXJU2 to happen and wait some more for the Tab GT-P1000 to reboot. If it does, you should be welcomed by PASS (and, along with it, a background whose color should be green); when you spot these signals, the tablet is ready to be unplugged from your laptop’s grip, so take the USB cable out from between the two devices.
- Then you will get to own an updated Galaxy Tab P1000 if you do this: go to its Settings, tap “About tablet” and you should see the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build XXJU2. If there is no such firmware in the location we just mentioned, you should repeat the entire guide until you do see it there.
NOTE: How can the owner of this particular model get it unstuck from a Samsung logo? The answer is simple:
- go to the Recovery Mode;
- as soon as you land there, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- then choose Wipe Cache Partition;
- opt for the system restarting option;
- the tablet is no longer stuck in that logo.
If you see the gadget stuck in boot animation, you should repeat all of the 4 steps we outlined for the previous problem.