How to Root Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate SGH-I577
Galaxy Exhilarate SGH-I577 has an important mission to attend to. That is a rooting. We will explain what to do and which method to use for best results. Everything you need to know on this matter is detailed in the guide we introduce below.
Before you root a device, your AT&T phone in particular, you need a good Build ID. SRSRoot app will work with many of these tools. Our pick of a Build ID is this: IMM76D.UCLH3; you are free to use whichever you prefer.
Your smartphone’s 2 years old already. Root access will have it up-to-date very soon with its goodies. The latter are detailed in our next couple of paragraphs. Before that, though, you need to know that this application is a freeware one. To unroot the device at some point, this is the method to use.
The tool supports every kind of gadget launched and it’s powered by an SRS Server. Your phone’s Android 4.0.4 OS won’t get lost in the process. The dedicated app used to root the phone works equally well with each of the Android versions already available.
The benefits of this procedure
If you want a longer lasting battery, the SRSRoot app will make it so. The device’s dual-core 1.2 GHz won’t go as slowly as it does; the rooting will bring a superior performance from this CPU.
Root-only apps and new features are all delivered by the new rooting app your phone will sport. Custom ROMs along with customization options are also part of the novelties. No viruses will appear after the end of the rooting. Bloatware will also be left out. But the handset will get to feature admin and superuser permission.
There’s something you should know about updating a rooted device. When you have just upgraded the Samsung I577, its root access will be gone. So will its system partition. The phone doesn’t have to miss its data or its internal and external SD cards. The SRSRoot app makes sure nothing bad happens to them or to the other important stuff on your handset.
Root access will always bring more than goodies. This process will bring about cons, as well. The warranty on your Galaxy Exhilarate SGH-I577 will be the one to bite the dust. After it ends up revoked, you need to find a suitable tutorial that will help restore it.
Over here we have the requirements that’ll make it easy for your phone to receive root access. Start with them, then continue with our steps. Here are the pre-requisites first:
- install, after they’re downloaded from here, USB drivers on the laptop;
- your phone’s battery unit should be fully charged if it’s running low;
- create, for your handset’s data, several standard backups to preserve it;
- a full NANDroid backup must be generated afterwards;
- the laptop must have Windows among its specifications;
- the security software on the Samsung SGH-I577 need to stop working for now, so disable them;
- then disable, on your laptop, the security programs there;
- USB Debugging has to be enabled for the rooting.
Step by step instructions
If everything in order with the preparations, the rooting can finally begin.
- The procedure’s first step goes like this: your laptop needs to have the SRSRoot app. For that, go over to this particular address. There, a download button will soon come up.
- Your job is to click on it in order to start the download. Then, once the file’s on the right device, install it there, then do this: open the installed app on your laptop.
- The phone needs to have its Unknown Sources tapped. To come across this option quickly, you need to tap Menu and after that Settings.
- Now that you’re done with this step, you have to move your attention to another one. Which sounds like this: turn on USB Debugging. This is the option we told you to enable for the preparations above.
- Time to establish a connection between the handset and laptop. The plugging process requires a USB cable; use the one that is offered with the smartphone.
- Wait for the two to enter a connection. After they do, tap this: Root Device (All Methods). Now that you clicked on the right option, you need to have patience for around 12 minutes.
- In case the rooting doesn’t end successfully, you should repeat the steps. After the procedure’s done with, you have to tap Reboot System Now. The Galaxy Exhilarate SGH-I577 is prepared to show you what it can do now that the SRSRoot is installed.
Take the rooted device for a spin. If you don’t fully enjoy the root access, unroot the handset.
Should the procedure have brought difficulties, a comment section below this post is ready to receive your questions.