Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMG6 Firmware
Galaxy S3 I9300 with all of its features, great performance and so on will have all of them sent to the next level of greatness. The name of the tool which shall do this: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMG6 official firmware. How to update this phone to the firmware we just mentioned? You will know the answer by reading this tutorial.
Every owner of the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 needs to keep in mind that there are certain requirements to follow before the beginning of the upgrade process:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- install USB drivers for the device on the laptop (available here);
- create backups using these instructions (a full NANDroid backup must be performed, too);
- be sure you use the phone model which has both its bootloader + carrier completely unlocked;
- charge the battery of the phone;
- download Odin tool v3.07 (via this link) and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMG6 official firmware on your laptop;
- unzip them afterwards.
How to flash XXEMG6 firmware on Galaxy S3
Here is our guide’s steps on how to upgrade your handset.
- After you are done with the extraction of the two packages lying on your notebook, you have to power the handset off and after that enter it in Download Mode; this mode is easy to access if you follow these guidelines: simultaneously press and hold Home, Volume Down and Power, press Volume Up when the logo of Android pops up and wait to be booted into the Download Mode.
- Run the Odin tool 3.07.exe as Admin (the file is one of the many other ones which are inside the Odin 3.07 archive). The right way to make that happen is by right-clicking on odin.exe and afterwards on “Run as administrator” from the phone’s Context Menu.
- After your Samsung I9300 is plugged to your computer, you have to tap on several buttons to open several files with different names in them. Begin with this: tap on PDA and then choose a CODE-named file. Then tap Phone, choose a file which sports MODEM in the name, click on CSC and opt for a CSC file. Now tap PIT and then choose a .pit file.
- You should be doing as follows after you’re done with those guidelines: check F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot as well as Re-partition (this one must only be checked if the file with the .pit in it was selected earlier).
- Do as follows next: start the installation of the update firmware by clicking on “Start”. This should be followed by you waiting for the whole process to be at its end.
- The Galaxy S3 I9300 is going to announce you of this with a reboot and then with this message in a green background: “Pass”.
- This message and the rebooting will make you unplug the devices from one another and go to “About phone” (from the handset’s “Settings“). This place is the exact location where the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMG6 is. That way you will make sure that the upgrade tool has really been flashed on your I9300.
NOTE: Before that, though, you may experience trouble. Your device may get stuck in boot animation. Such a situation calls for immediate salvation.
Which will come after you follow these recommendations: enter the phone in Recovery, select “Factory reset/Wipe data” and “Wipe cache partition“. Then restart the smartphone via the “Restart” option, which you will need to choose. End of story.