How to Flash Android 4.2.2 UVUANE4 on Galaxy Light SGH-T399
There’s a way to get the latest Android version on your Galaxy Light (T-Mobile) SGH-T399. The tool we refer to is Android 4.2.2 UVUANE4. It’s not difficult to flash it on your smartphone!
The Galaxy Light SGH-T399 has new firmware to look forward to. If this tool lands on your device, goodies will follow. Many of them. And each will improve the phone even more. But be sure to only use the UVUANE4 official firmware if you’re in the US and use T-Mobile. Also, keep in mind that the firmware doesn’t work with other smartphone brands or models. If applied on a smartphone which is not the version we have here, you’ll brick it.
If you want to update a rooted handset, you’ll have to face some unwanted consequences. As soon as the procedure is over, the phone’s root access will have been revoked. The handset’s system partition will be deleted next. Nothing bad will happen to the smartphone’s data or its internal and external SD cards.
You will have many possibilities to play with after the update. The phone is going to sport, for instance, a USB debug white-list. Low battery bug fixes and a new Gallery app will be joined by a new set of download notifications. The device is sure to also have better Bluetooth audio streaming and a new set of sounds for wireless charging. It will also enjoy the option to long-press the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings to be able to toggle the on/off state while using the device.
The procedure scheduled for today requires you to perform some preparatory steps. Here they are:
- USB Debugging must be activated on the handset, so do that for starters;
- disable the handset’s security solutions;
- disable the security solutions used by your laptop;
- the Samsung Galaxy Light T399 must have a fully charged battery;
- USB drivers fully compatible with your phone must be downloaded and installed on the laptop;
- the laptop’s operating system must be the Windows version;
- a standard backup will make sure no data is damaged after the procedure, so make one or more;
- perform a full NANDroid backup as well.
Step by step instructions
This done, you have to perform the actual upgrade steps if you want to enjoy the novelties mentioned before.
- The first of them tells you the following: download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UVUANE4 official firmware firmware for the US (T-Mobile) on the laptop from this page.
- Extract this first package, then move on by download Odin v3.09 from this page on your laptop, too. After you unzip this package, too, an Odin v3.09.exe file will land on the device; open it on the laptop next.
- Download Mode must now be entered by your smartphone. To start it in this mode, use the following steps: press and simultaneously hold Home, Power and Volume Down till you spot a boot message; time to press only Volume Up.
- The Samsung SGH-T399 must now be connected to the laptop. Its USB cord is the means to use for the plugging. If Odin comes up with a blue sign after a couple of minutes, the devices will have established a connection.
- If not, repeat the steps. When this part is successful, go on by doing the following: add the firmware file to AP / PDA. F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are a couple of boxes that will appear on the screen.
- Tap them both to activate them. Be sure to have Re-partition unchecked (because it’s already checked). After being done with the previous task, tap “Start“. This is going to install the new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UVUANE4 official firmware on the phone!
- The flashing process won’t require more than 15 minutes to be done. When the smartphone has this message on its display, you’ll have to wait for it to restart: “Pass”.
- Wait until the rebooting is also done, then unplug the smartphone from your laptop by taking out the USB cable. As soon as nothing is keeping the two united, tap Settings. Continue by tapping About Phone.
The new firmware is now prepared for testing. Should you feel uncertain about it and you’d like to have the old ROM back, use the NANDroid backup file. This method has a drawback, though: it revokes the upgrade.
Use the comment field below if you have problems with the update!