Flash TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727
What Samsung’s Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 needed to be perfect was the newest Google operating system, namely the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Until it officially arrives on this smartphone, you can get it via a custom ROM that we found online. Which custom ROM is good, we can guarantee you that after testing it for ourselves. Installing it took no longer than half an hour. But, if you’re a newbie, it may take longer. At the end of the day, though, the TWRP recovery ROM is great and very useful.
Since it is an unofficial way to solve things, don’t expect it to be free of bugs and other small inconveniences. But that’s how they are, in the end: small. To be absolutely sure that you do the right thing, check to see if your model is the alaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. If it is, then proceed with finding out whether the handset is fully charged or not. If it is, choose all the data you think you will need later on, once the installation process is over, and make a backup of it all.
Then grab a computer or laptop which has Windows on it, turn off every single antivirus application you have on the phone and turn USB debugging on. Disable Samsung Kies, too. Use the usual USB drivers installed on the comp you are using. Finally, get these two files online and download them on your laptop: TWRP Recovery (a file called recovery.tar.md5) and Odin3 v1.85. The USB drivers we mentioned earlier can also be installed with the help of Samsung Kies.
Here comes the most important part: the steps that will help you play with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your phone. Pay attention to all of them.
- Extract a file called Odin3-1.85.zip. After you’re done, move the extracted result into a dedicated directory, on your computer.
- Then you must run the Odin.exe file to access the Odin app. Turn the handset off, then make the connection of the cable to your computer. Simultaneously select and keep pressed the keys for Volume Down and Volume Up.
- Keep the keys for Volume pressed; while you’re at it, inset the USB cable into the phone, to realize the connectivity between the PC and the device. This action is going to produce a sign that says Warning. When you spot it, let go of the buttons for Volume.
- What you have to do next is to gain access to the Download Mode. To do that, select the Volume Up key and look for a sign reading Added!! (should you not spot this message, then see whether the USB drivers were installed they way they should have or not).
- Once you’re finished with this step, it’s safe to remain in Odin and press a button named PDA. Afterwards you need to search for a file called recovery.tar.md5; when you find it, choose it.
- The next step requires the user to go to Options and locate Auto Reboot; it should be under it. If other checkboxes are ticked, unthick them.
- Up next you have to click on Start. This action is going to perform the flash on the TWRP Recovery ROM file on your phone. Once the flashing is over, the SGH-I727 is going into a rebooting phase. If everything goes well, the smartphone’s display will show the manufacturer’s logo. When it does, close the phone and disconnect the phone from the computer you used.
And, with this last step, you’re done.