Install CM 10.1 M1-build ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (Sprint)
Our new tutorial here will make it easier for all those interested in the flashing of CM 10.1 M1-build ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (Sprint version).
What will enable this are, first, some pre-requisites: create backups (a full NANDroid one will be even better), charge the battery of the smartphone, sync your Gmail account to the Contacts in your phone, root it, make sure that its bootloader is unlocked and a custom recovery image is present.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 M1-build ROM and Google Apps pack for CM10.1 and then have them saved on the laptop. After plugging the handset to the computer, send the files downloaded earlier to the phone’s memory card.
- Switch the Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 off once the transfer is over, then restart the phone into Recovery mode. Opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm this action.
- Step three needs you to do as follows: choose Install zip from SD card.
- Opt for Choose zip from SD card and afterwards locate the CM10.1 M1 ROM file; confirm this action and then opt for Choose zip from SD card. Up next: flash the Google Applications pack for CM10.1 and confirm the fact that you wish to install it.
- For the fifth step you are required to choose Go Back; after you are redirected to the phone’s main Recovery Menu, you will be asked to select Reboot System Now.
- Step six is going to prompt you to direct your attention to something else while the booting is happening. After this action ends, you need to go to your Google account and type in your personal data there.
- Wait for the CyanogenMod 10.1 to come on your phone’s display and then see if everything works well. If it does, then the procedure was a complete success.
- Should you see that there’s a lot of instability coming from the CM10.1 MR1, all you have to do is as follows: restore the phone to its stocks ROM. How: employ the custom Recovery mode so that you can use a previously generated NANDroid backup.
If you have problems
But if the procedure wasn’t a success like we mentioned in the last step of our tutorial, and you need to wait an eternity for the first boot, we recommend the following:
- Take your Sprint Galaxy S3 SHP-L710 and switch it off.
- Take the battery out and put it back in.
- The steps in the guide above on how to flash the CM10.1 M1-build have to be followed a second time.