Install Official CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 ROM on Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250
You can now benefit from everything that Jelly Bean has to offer for your Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. But you need to install a custom ROM to get access to that.
Here’s the one we found for today’s tutorial: CyanogenMod 10.1 M1. There are various new features to be enjoyed if you install it, including better stability. Below you’ll see what sort of requirements are needed for a successful process.
Make a backup (though it’s recommended to perform not just one, but several just to make sure; also include a stock ROM NANDroid backup), generate another backup of your messages using the Google account, check if the phone has ClockworkMod Recovery and if its bootloader is already unlocked, charge the battery and turn USB debugging on.
The actual guide on how to install the CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 Rom on the Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 is below.
- Download the ROM and GApps archive and save both of them on your laptop. Then plug the smartphone to the latter.
- Copy the both archives to the handset’s memory card, disconnect the two devices from each other and switch the Nexus I9250 off.
- Step 3 will need you to restart it into a mode called Custom Recovery like shown here: select and keep selected the keys for Volume Down and Home simultaneously, for about 5 seconds; opt for Recovery by tapping on Volume (both buttons) and have patience till menu of the ClockworkMod Recovery comes on-screen. After it does, you should generate a full NANDroid backup like this: tap on Backup&Restore, then Backup once again.
- Choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm. Install the ROM by opting for installation of the archive via the phone’s memory card; once done, tap on Choose zip from SD card and locate the CM10.1 M1 EXPERIMENTAL zip; in order to install it, do a confirmation.
- For step 5 you will have to wait for the installation to finish, then select the installation of the archive from the phone’s memory card. Locate the Gapps zip, confirm that action and then find the Custom Recovery menu. Opt for the system restarting; once the booting is complete, a “Welcome” screen will appear. This means that you can use your GMail data and configure the Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
We recommend you to use CyanogenMod Updater; this way, your custom ROM is going to always be updated.
If you have problems
Problems can arise if you’re a newbie. But there is always a solution for emergencies. Should you encounter an issue, follow these steps.
- Switch the handset off.
- Second step: take out the battery and get it back in afterwards (wait 5 seconds before doing it).
- Go to our guide above and repeat it from the third step onward.