Install XXAME1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 are not going to be left without an updates OS anymore. We made it our purpose for today to teach them how to get the latest Android 4.1.2 through firmware nicknamed XXAME1. If your smartphone is not rooted, not to worry: we are going to include Odin in this tutorial.
You should only make sure that the following applies to your handset: charge its battery, use the model which is both bootloader as well as carrier unlocked, flash USB drivers for it on your PC, create as many backups as you want (including one of the handset’s memory to a dedicated hard drive via the memory card), use a laptop that has Windows inside it (if it has a different OS, then use CrossOver Utility) and turn on USB debugging.
- If the above has been taken care of, then start this tutorial off by downloading Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAME1 firmware together with Odin 3.07 on your laptop. You then have to unzip both zip files until you run across .tar.md5 and then Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- To proceed to Download Mode, you should do this beforehand: turn the handset off; now make sure you press and hold, at the same time, on these buttons: Volume Up, Home and Power. After the device is in that mode, you should run the Odin 3.07.exe as an Admin by using the right click method on odin.exe file; then tap on “Run as administrator” (from the phone’s context menu).
- Plug your I9082 to your comp; this will go smoothly only if you see “Added!!” and a number (the COM port) which is yellow. But if you don’t think the task went well, you need to try flashing the USB Drivers again or choose a different USB port this time.
- If the two devices were plugged to each other right, then simply concentrate on reading the following instructions:
– click on PDA and select a file with CODE in its name;
– tap on Phone and opt for a file which contains MODEM in its name;
– tap on CSC and then choose a file with CSC in its name;
– tap on PIT, then look around for a .pit file and opt for it.
- Stay in Odin. Now choose the following options: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition; in order to opt for the latter option, you need to have chosen the .pit file above.
- Start the installation of the XXAME1 on your GT-I9082 by clicking the button for START. A bit of patience is needed now.
- Then, after the firmware is flashed on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, you need to wait for the device to show PASS (this message needs to be followed by a background in green), because that’s how you will know that the flashing went well. This moment should be followed by you unplugging the handset from the laptop you’ve been using so far.
That should do it: the phone is now updated to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via the XXAME1. The latter will appear in the device’s “About phone” after you click Settings.
The following may or may not happen: the smartphone is stuck in the manufacturer logo or in boot animation. But, in case it happens, the following should apply: go to the Recovery Mode, operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then Wipe Cache Partition and finish by choosing the phone’s restarting. If you’ve done this as instructed, your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 will get rid of the problem we mentioned and you can start enjoying it in its updated form.