How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE SC-06D
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE SC-06D is in immediate need of a rooting. The smartphone will benefit from just this operation. Details on how to perform it are given very soon!
Your device was made available 1 year and a half ago, in August. It contains various specifications, among them this one: a CPU of 1512 MHz. The phone’s OS is Android 4.0.4. We have to mention them because they’re directly involved with the rooting. For which, by the way, we’re using SRSRoot. This tool has all the right advantages to improve the smartphone’s performance. And it starts with the processor, whose general speed will go through a major enhancement. The operating system we told you about remains on the handset even after the rooting is over. The reason for this is that this dedicated app works with this OS version. And it’s one of the many variants compatible with this tool.
The benefits of this procedure
You have to know that the rooting instrument used here is free of charge. Many gadgets are compatible with the SRSRoot tool. The presence of new features and root-only apps is something to be expected from today’s procedure. Even more, your Galaxy S3 LTE SC-06D gets to experiment with these: longer life for the battery and customization options.
With the rooting app among your handset’s list of novelties, admin and superuser permission will become available. The rooting doesn’t offer reason to worry; there are no security problems associated with the SRSRoot freeware. Instead, you’ll have custom ROMs on-board. The process involves no bloatware. Make sure a Build ID is chosen. You can try this one: IMM76D.SC06DOMALK2. Another advantage of this tool is that you can always opt for another Build ID.
The freeware is powered by an SRS Server. After it appears on your phone, its warranty will be revoked. There’s a way you can get it restored. And that is through a post dedicated to your device.
Do you want to have your handset updated at some point? There’s always the risk of losing its root access and system partition. Either way, the rooting won’t erase the phone’s data. The device will still have its internal / external SD cards by the end of the procedure.
You should begin the phone’s rooting after the device has gone through pre-requisites. Your laptop needs to do the same. The requirements are available here:
- don’t perform the rooting if your smartphone’s battery is running low;
- USB drivers must be featured on the laptop, so open this link and download them on it;
- backups of the phone’s important data must be created;
- a full NANDroid backup is another must;
- deactivate, for now, the security software available on your Galaxy S3 LTE SC-06D;
- the security software on the phone needs to be turned off;
- activate, on the handset, an option called USB Debugging;
- the operating system that should be on your laptop right now is Windows.
Step by step instructions
A first step is required now. It will be followed by other actions.
- But for now, be sure to perform the download of the SRSRoot on your laptop. The place that has this app is over here. From there, click on a download button.
- Having done with this first task, move on to the installation of the freeware and its launch on the laptop. Next step to happen: tap Menu and then Settings when you’re back on your phone.
- Settings has, underneath it, this essential option: Unknown Sources. Your role is to enable it.
- After this option’s been tapped, turn on this one: USB Debugging. No need to activate it if it’s already been enabled.
- Time now to do as follows: connect the handset to that laptop you use. Of great use here is your smartphone’s USB cord. The Galaxy S3 LTE SC-06D will enter the rooting stage as soon as the devices establish a plugging to each other.
- After they do, tap the following on your handset: Root Device (All Methods). This kind of procedure doesn’t take long to be over. The rooting needs only 15 minutes at the most.
- The process can, however, require more time than that. That will only happen when there’s a major issue. If it is, repeat the previous steps.
- If nothing bad happens, then you may continue with the guide. For that, make sure to enable this on your Samsung SC-06D: Reboot System Now. The handset has to restart on its own now. As soon as that has happened, you’ll have a rooted gadget!
The SRSRoot will turn into an unrooting method if you want one.
Do you have questions for us about the rooting? Leave them below.