Update Infuse 4G I997 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 using CodeName ROM
Unfortunately, Samsung does not want to upgrade their Infuse 4G to the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean operating system. But there is a way to go around this decision. Behold a custom ROM called CodeName Custom created for just this situation.
You will need to create a backup as a first prerequisite. Then recharge the phone’s battery till it reaches 100% on the battery icon. Thirdly, you have to root the device, which means that the phone’s warranty will be lost after this operation. But not for good: you can get it back via using a simple operation: the downgrade to the original ROM.
The next prerequisite is to use a laptop or a PC that comes with Windows. Then keep close the USB cord of the Infuse 4G I997. Shut down the antivirus applications installed on both the smartphone and the laptop and close the USB debugging mode.
Up next you must go online to find and copy a custom recovery image on the phone; once you grabbed that one, install it. The next best thing is the following: flash the ClockworkMod Recovery, because this is going to automatically perform the installation of the CodeName custom ROM and also will clean the entire system for the actual update.
Here are the steps needed to get the Jelly Bean on your Samsung Infuse 4G I997. They will only work for this type of phone.
- For step number 1 do this: grab the the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.1 operating system on the laptop you own by going here.
- For the second step, the action you need to perform is the following: connect your phone to the comp of your choice by using the handset’s USB cable and copy the file you got online to the Infuse’s SD card.
- For the third step you must disconnect the USB cable.
- Step 4: turn the smartphone off and then enter in recovery mode using the same method used in our tutorials: select at the same time the following keys: Volume Down, Volume Up and Power.
- The step that comes up next is the fifth one. On the phone display you will see that the recovery mode appears.
- Then, for step 6 choose Wipe data factory reset and Wipe cache partition.
- Step number 7: choose “+++go back+++“.
- For the following step, 8, go back to the recovery menu and opt for Install ZIP from SD card.
- Step 9: opt for Choose ZIP from SD card and select the update archive, previously downloaded and copied to SD card.
- Now it’s time for step number 10: perform the flashing operation once again and wait until the update is over.
- Finally, for step 11 choose “+++go back+++” after the process is over. Then select Reboot system now.
If you’ve followed all the steps exactly as we wrote them, you will get to enjoy every single pro that Google’s Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS brings on your Samsung Infuse 4G.