Update Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 with AOKP Jelly Bean 4.3 test ROM
Unofficial AOKP Jelly Bean 4.3 unofficial custom ROM is what Samsung’s Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 will receive after we’re done with today’s guide.
To get you on the right track, here are the requirements we want to see you follow:
- root the smartphone and then find an appropriate custom recovery for it (either TWRP or CWM Recovery will do);
- download AOKP Jelly Bean 4.3 test ROM (file name: aokp_jfltevzw_unofficial_2013-09-02.zip) and Gapps on your laptop;
- charge the battery of the handset;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- flash USB drivers for the phone on your notebook before starting the update process.
How to flash AOKP custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S4
Now’s the part which comes with the steps that shall help you end up with an updated Galaxy S4 Verizon.
- Plug, with the aid of your phone’s USB cord, the I545 to the laptop, then take the 2 downloaded packages from the latter’s desktop; move them over to the SD card root of the handset next, then unplug the devices from each other.
- Now be sure to perform these tasks: turn the phone off and afterwards enter it in Recovery Mode. Make a NANDroid backup that will be of immense help later on (we will tell you more of this at the end of the tutorial).
- To create this backup, you will have to check out the type of custom recovery your smartphone sports. If it’s the TWRP kind, you will create the NANDroid backup by pressing “Backup” and confirming the installation after you’ve opted for the files you want to backup. If the custom recovery is, instead, the CWM Recovery one, you need to choose Backup&Restore, confirm and then wait for the NANDroid backup to be performed.
- Now follow our instructions to have your phone factory reset. If your Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 has the TWRP Recovery, you should tap “Wipe” first and afterwards tap “Factory reset“; confirm. For a CWM Recovery, you need to factory reset the SCH-I545 by choosing Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then confirming the deed.
- Next: install the AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean test ROM by opting for Install zip from SD card and afterwards selecting Choose zip from SD card; then locate the ROM .zip file and after that confirm. That’s if you run the CWM Recovery. When your handset has the TWRP, you will be asked to tap “Install“, find the ROM file and confirm with a blue key.
- Have the Gapps flashed on your smartphone by doing everything you did just now to install the other zip file, then go back to the Recovery Menu. Restart the phone into Normal Mode, then access your Google account.
- After you have opened it, you should enter your personal details there. The tool’s Home screen will then appear and the update will feature on your device.
NOTICE: In case you want to return your S4 I545 to its previous ROM, the NANDroid backup we asked you to create will bring that tool back.
If the restarting into the upgrade firmware requires over 15 minutes, you will need to remove this problem by doing the following: repeat the guide.
If the device goes into a boot loop, do the same and the problem will be taken good care of.