How to root Motorola Milestone 3 XT860
We have good news for Motorola Milestone 3 XT860. The smartphone is scheduled for a rooting. The tutorial we’re taking you through is nothing to worry about. The entire procedure will go smoothly!
A quick peek at our rooting method is in order. The tool we found most useful was SRSRoot. Your phone’s introduction to this app comes at the right time. The device is already 3 years old. Other names it’s known as are the following: Motorola XT860 4G and Motorola Milestone 3 ME863. When it first came out, your phone has this processor: dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9. There are many ways of making it move faster. The SRSRoot has all of them. Then there’s another spec your handset contains: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. This and all of the other Android versions are massively supported by the freeware.
The benefits of this procedure
Another important addition to your phone comes in the form of battery tweaks. Your smartphone could also do with new features, too; and it will enjoy them very soon! Other benefits of root access: custom ROMs, root-only apps and none of the major security troubles. The SRSRoot is powered by an SRS Server and it doesn’t get you involved with bloatware. This rooting app lets you play with a series of customization options, too. Superuser and admin permission is available next.
The rooting has to be completed with a Build ID. Whichever variant you choose is OK with the SRSRoot. We selected 5.5.1-112_SLU-61.3. One last thing to be said about the app: many products can use it.
The default warranty provided with your phone won’t last long. The rooting takes it away, but it comes back after you’ve used a suitable tutorial.
There’s always a couple of risks when you’re after an upgrade guide. Particularly if you want this procedure for a rooted device. Following an update, the smartphone will see its root access gone. Same happens to this other element: the system partition. Every data of major important is safe; as are the internal / external SD cards.
To have everything go well, start by taking these pre-requisites into account:
- your laptop needs to feature USB drivers (here is the link that’ll get you to them);
- install, on the same laptop, the drivers;
- the handset’s USB Debugging must be tapped;
- every important bit of data inside the phone needs to be backed up;
- initiate, on your Motorola Milestone 3, a full NANDroid backup;
- the laptop has to come with Windows;
- once done with the above, disable the phone’s security software;
- the security programs which are now on the laptop should be turned off;
- the battery which is running on your handset has to be fully charged.
Step by step instructions
After all of this talk, we’re ready to initiate you in the ways of a rooting procedure.
- Step right in and begin with the preparation of your laptop for the SRSRoot’s arrival. This device needs to feature the app, so go here.
- The latter contains the following: a download button. If you click on that, the freeware will begin a download phase. Once it’s over, do this: find the app and install it on your laptop.
- Now for the next step: launch said app on the same device and tap, on the handset, Menu. Settings is the next option we want you to enable on your XT860.
- This done, locate the following option: Unknown Sources. You have to tap it when it shows up. The place you’ll discover it at is under the option called Settings. What’s next? This task: tap USB Debugging. It should be enabled only if you didn’t tap it when we mentioned those requirements.
- Here is what has to happen now: use the USB cable that shows up alongside your handset. This is going to create, between the laptop and phone, a useful connection. When the products are done with the connection phase, get ready for the next action.
- This one is going to require you to turn on Root Device (All Methods). After being done with the tapping, sit back and let the phone experience the whole process. The duration of this action is somewhere around 15 minutes.
- It’s very possible that the rooting takes considerably longer to end. If you’re in this situation, your best bet is to repeat the steps. But if you’re not exposed to such a problem, our next step will have to be performed.
- For it, tap this option: Reboot System Now. As soon as the operation is over, the Motorola Milestone 3 XT860 has every reason to explore the recently added novelties. Don’t forget that you can always revoke the procedure if you don’t enjoy what it translates into.
The rooting can make you scratch your head at some points. If issues happen, they can be solved if you leave questions in our comment section.