Install Android 4.2.2 ZSUAML1 firmware on Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101
If there’s no Android 4.2.2 yet on your Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101, the time is now to get this OS. ZSUAML1 is the name of the firmware recently launched for your phone featuring a camera with a powerful zoom if you’re based in Hong Kong. Today you will see how to install it on the device in several easy steps. All you need to do is read our guide below.
This new Jelly Bean official firmware came out this month. If you install it on the device we mentioned before – don’t use a different model because it will only get bricked -, you will get access to stuff such as a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, USB debug white-list, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading and a whole new set of download notifications.
If, however, you opt for KIES to update your smartphone, you can: the new firmware has an activated KIES logo for all of you who own the Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 running a stock ROM. Another method you can use besides our guide or the KIES one is OTA (with the aid of the Software Update button under Settings menu); again, you will need a stock ROM if you wish to apply the latter method.
Should the S4 Zoom SM-C101 has root access, it will get revoked once the upgrade happens. Also, your handset’s system partition will be deleted, but the important data will be saved. Likewise, the internal and external SD cards will not be damaged by the update.
If you can’t wait to get the Android 4.2.2 on your phone, you should wait a bit more while we tell you about these requirements:
- be sure you perform some backups (a normal and a full NANDroid one are recommended);
- install USB drivers for the handset from this page on your laptop;
- a laptop with Windows must be used for this tutorial;
- your handset must have USB Debugging turned on;
- fully charge the phone’s battery in case the battery status shows low charge levels;
- if your notebook’s and phone’s security software is still running, be sure they are disabled while you perform the update.
- The first tasks you must perform now are these: after Odin3 3.09.exe (available here) and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZSUAML1 (the Hong Kong version is here and the Taiwan version is available on this page) are downloaded on your notebook, you need to to extract them. We recommend to do that with either WinZip or WinRar.
- Coming up next: enter the handset in Download Mode by pressing and simultaneously holding Volume Down, Power and Home.
- After that, there needs to be a connection established between your Samsung C101 and the laptop; take the USB cable of your handset for this, then wait until the plugging begins to start and then ends. Which will happen when you see “Added!!” and an ID:COM box colored yellow.
- In case the connection isn’t established, you need to flash, a second time, the USB drivers on the laptop; or make sure you use a different USB port.
- Then click on BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Move on by checking Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time boxes. The ZSUAML1 is going to be flashed after you tap “Start” and then have some patience for the process to end successfully.
- The flashing is going to be done when the Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 restarts and displays a message reading “Pass“. As soon as the two happen, the handset and the laptop must be unplugged from one another.
After they are, go to Settings, tap About Phone and discover the new firmware. Once you do, see if it rises up to your expectations. If not, you can always get the previous ROM back on your phone by using the NANDroid backup file. Once you do that, the upgrade procedure will be revoked.
In case there’s something you don’t understand or you have issues to deal with, use the comment field below.