Update Galaxy Mini Plus GT-S5570I with XXMC1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Mini Plus GT-S5570I with its great specs, features and so on has garnered many owners. This guide on how to manually update it to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is for them. Rooting this smartphone afterwards will be a piece of cake.
Your task, first and foremost, consist of memorizing these pre-requisites: turn on USB debugging, charge the battery, use a Windows-running PC (if not, install and use CrossOver Utility if the OS is Mac or Linux), create backups using our guides (do that for the internal memory, too, to an external device), flash USB Drivers for the phone on your laptop and use the phone that is factory unlocked.
- Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXMC1 for the phone. Then also download Odin tool 3.07. Both of them should be saved on your laptop.
- Extract them both until you get .tar.md5 and Odin tool 3.07.exe. Done with this? If yes: switch the Mini Plus S5570I off.
- Enter it, by pressing + holding together Volume Down, Home and Power, in Download Mode; keep pressing the three buttons until Android’s logo appears, then press Volume Up. Run the Odin3 v3.07.exe as Admin like this: select the Odin tool file, use the right click on that file and, when you’re done, click on “Run as administrator” from the phone’s context menu.
- Plug the S5570I to your laptop. Wait for “Added!!” and number painted yellow now (the COM port). When it pops on the screen, great; if it doesn’t: switch to a different USB port or just install the USB Drivers again.
- Step five will tell you to choose some files. Here they are:
– the one with CODE in its name; it will appear if you click on PDA;
– the one with MODEM in its name (click on Phone to see it);
– the file which has CSC in its name (click on CSC and it will show up);
– the file called .pit (which will be spotted after you click on PIT). Should you not notice these files, no biggie.
- Step six is here to ask the following: activate F.Reset Time, then Auto Reboot. You should check mark Repartition, too, but only if you’ve opted for the .pit file. Tap Start, then have patience for the update to start its flashing stage.
- Step seven will need you to wait for the Mini Plus GT-S5570I to reboot after the installation of the firmware is over.
- Step number eight will require you to also wait until a message reading PASS will make an appearance on the smartphone’s display. If those happen, then you can finally disconnect the handset from the PC.
After having finally received the XXMC1 update that brings the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on your Galaxy Mini Plus GT-S5570I, we have a short guide on what to do if you happen to get stuck with issues during/after the procedure. If the phone is stuck in the manufacturer’s logo (or if it is blocked at boot animation), you should do as follows:
- go to Recovery mode;
- operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- perform Wipe Cache Partition;
- opt for the system restarting.