Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 UBEMH5 Official Firmware
For today we have our mind set on an update that will bring Galaxy S3 I9300 the latest Android 4.1.2 via UBEMH5 official firmware.
The features you will soon get a taste of are Page Buddy, fully customizable notification panel, Group Cast app, an improved gallery app and many new enhancements that will make the whole experience and performance better.
The upgrade file that we want to implement on your phone has to be installed the right way. For that, please follow these requirements first:
- use the Galaxy S3 I9300 with its factory unlocked;
- save all the data on your phone with backups;
- flash USB drivers for this model on your laptop;
- charge the battery of your handset;
- turn on USB Debugging.
After you get your updated phone, the root access that you have on it, if you’ve rooted it, will disappear. For that to come back, you will need to root your device again. It’s good to use the tutorial that rooted your smartphone in the first place.
Now we have reached the moment you’ve all been waiting for: the update steps.
- We give you the first of them for now. This one asks you to open your PC or notebook and then download the Jelly Bean I9300UBEMH5 stock firmware along with Odin tool version 3.07, from here directly on it. Then unzip only the upgrade package on the laptop’s desktop and move on by powering your Galaxy S3 I9300 off.
- Once your device is turned off, you have to enter it in Download Mode by pressing and holding, simultaneously, Volume Down and Home, press Power and do so until Android shows its logo (and a warning triangle) on the display, then press Power a second time to complete the task.
- The following steps will tell to launch the Odin on the notebook and then plug the phone to the latter. The Odin will, for the next couple of seconds, look for your handset; when it finds it, you should receive an “Added!!” message and an ID:COM box in yellow. If not, something went wrong and you need to either re-install those USB drivers or use a different USN port.
- If the connection doesn’t encounter drama along the way, the next step to abide you is the following: tap PDA, opt for a CODE-named file, tap Phone, choose a file with MODEM in the name, tap CSC, opt for a file which has CSC in the name, then tap PIT and make sure you choose a file that presents itself with a .pit extension.
- Now continue the guide by choosing the following three boxes: Auto Reboot, Repartition (if the file with the .pit extension was chosen) and F. Reset Time.
- Then do as follows: begin the flashing of the I9300UBEMH5_I9300ZTOEMH1_ZTO.zip archive by tapping START. After a few minutes of patience, the will will have been installed and the phone will have restarted.
- As soon as the phone’s home screen can be clearly seen, you should do this: disconnect the devices from one another. After you do that: go to Settings, tap About Phone and click on the Android 4.1.2 UBEMH5 stock firmware to see what it can do for your Galaxy S3 I9300.